PDA

View Full Version : What does your child do that is more like your parents than like you?

lalasmama
04-10-2011, 09:27 PM
What does your child do that reminds you of your parents more than you or DH/SO? Anything silly or funny that skipped you, and came out in DC?

With my DD, she's got my mom's body--her scrawny little chicken legs, and a butt that isn't round enough to keep her pants up. She's also got my mom's baby-fine hair and coloring. Also, the love of hot, hot baths seemed to skip right over me. Mom and DD LOVE steaming hot baths. Me, not so much. DD begs for baths much warmer than I would ever choose. And she likes country music, just like my mom (again, not me!).... Like my mom, she's a bed hog.

maestramommy
04-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Hmmm, Laurel reminds me very much of my maternal grandmother. She's got the same facial expressions, and the same way of walking. Almost strutting, with her arms swinging back and forth. She's got the same I.AM.BOSS. attitude too:p And the same sense of humor. I always thought my grandmother was born in the wrong time. She could've been an exec somewhere, instead of a K teacher, although I'm sure she rocked doing that. I'm pretty sure whatever Laurel ends up doing, she'll make her mark, as long as we don't screw up:loveeyes:

HIU8
04-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Hmmmm....well DS reminds me of a mix of people in my family--my brother and my cousin due to his looks and issues he has that they both had/have. He has manerisms like my mother. DD I'm actually still trying to figure out. She used to be the spitting image of my sister. Now she sort of looks like a combo mix of my sister and I and then a total mystery person. She is totally different from anyone in my family or DH's family in her manerisms etc... Honestly, it's like she is a brand new soul.

hellokitty
04-10-2011, 11:00 PM
DS1 is very quirky and when he was born he looked a LOT like my dad. He definitely takes after my side of the family. Actually, he reminds me most of my youngest brother, the way he looks AND his mannerisms.

DS2 reminds me a lot of my mil. He has no butt, the way he walks and definitely the difficult personality. He acts JUST like my niece (who is a mini-me of mil), but looks JUST like my nephew. It is really weird, I sometimes think that he has none of my family's genes at all, just 100% of DH's side.

DS3 so far reminds me a lot of mil and my dad in the stubborn dept. He is the most stubborn person I have ever dealt with. I honestly don't know what I am going to do with this kid as he gets older. We're constantly butting heads. Oh and DS3 looks like a clone of DS2, and he acts a LOT like DS2. He sometimes looks a little bit like me, but mostly he's another one where I wonder if he got ANY of my side's genes, b/c he resembles DH's side so much more.