PDA

View Full Version : Seat with base more narrow than Marathon?

mom to little e
04-11-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm looking to replace an out of date Britax Marathon with a new car seat.

I still want a five-point harness (it is for a 2 1/2 year old) and would love a Britax (or something equal in safety) but it must be more narrow in the base than the Marathon. I have to fit three across the middle. Any ideas?

Thanks!

lowrioh
04-11-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm looking to replace an out of date Britax Marathon with a new car seat.

I still want a five-point harness (it is for a 2 1/2 year old) and would love a Britax (or something equal in safety) but it must be more narrow in the base than the Marathon. I have to fit three across the middle. Any ideas?

Thanks!
I think a Radian is narrower than a Marathon. But the car seat gurus are sure to chime in and might have better suggestions.
When the Kohls deals are on you can get them for a steal. (the next Kohls 30% off starts Weds)

Neatfreak
04-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Have you considered a Radian? I am not sure that the seat is narrower than the base of a Marathon ('cause I've never needed to measure or compare), but the entire seat is not wider than a Marathon.

arivecchi
04-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Radians are the way to go.

o_mom
04-11-2011, 11:03 AM
The old-style Marathon has about the narrowest base out there. I'm not sure how the new ones compare, though. Really, for three across, so many factors come into play, that it is impossible to say just what seat will work, but the Radian is a good start.

What car are you doing this in (year, make, model)?

What are the ages, heights, weights of the three kids?

What are their current seats and what other seats do you already own?

Joolsplus2
04-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Yup, what 0_mom asked, there's way more to it than listed width, it's all about the puzzling (for example, the graco turbo booster measures narrowest of boosters, but it is one of the most non-puzzling, boxy seats out there, so almost never works next to another seat).