PDA

View Full Version : SO excited, ordered my Frontier...pretty good price on Amazon

lisadpa
04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm so excited, I just ordered from Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon, vendor Britax direct). $223 but I used a $50 gift code I received from MyPoints for all of my online shopping (basically since Xmas). So that's only $173 out of my pocket, yay!

I ordered Pink Sky, my little one will love it as it matches her sister's PW SG. To her it will be a real big-girl seat! Free returns for 365 days, plus the purchase extends my Amazon Prime for ten more months. SWEET!

I've not seen the Frontier cheaper than this ($223) anywhere for anyone who is looking. All colors are in stock too.

AnnieW625
04-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Great! I got 15% off (so really only 8% off after you add in retchedly high LA County sales tax of 9%) my Frontier in 2009 at BRUS and once I got the thing installed I said if need be I'd pay the same price again because DD1 loves the Frontier. 18 mos. later I ended up buying one from diapers.com for $206 with no tax.

I will say though double check that email that you got from Amazon because I have made a few orders of baby things that were over $25 and it still only extended my free shipping by one month, so you may not end up getting 10 free months of Prime thanks to your purchase.

Joolsplus2
04-11-2011, 03:47 PM
:applause:

zomg, I can't do math, I looked at your siggy and was going to protest that she's not even 2 yet. :ROTFLMAO:

lorinick
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I love our Frontier got it in Jan. Paid 174.00 for it from BRU.

poohbear
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Great! I got 15% off (so really only 8% off after you add in retchedly high LA County sales tax of 9%) my Frontier in 2009 at BRUS and once I got the thing installed I said if need be I'd pay the same price again because DD1 loves the Frontier. 18 mos. later I ended up buying one from diapers.com for $206 with no tax.

I will say though double check that email that you got from Amazon because I have made a few orders of baby things that were over $25 and it still only extended my free shipping by one month, so you may not end up getting 10 free months of Prime thanks to your purchase.

I ended up getting a frontier during the diapers super stack in November - still haven't used it - I decided it was worth it to lose a year on the life of the seat for the awesome price!

The most you can extend your amazon prime I believe is 9 months... It should be one extra month per $25 you spend (I bought something that was $100 and I got 4 months), so a $223 carseat will get you 8 months extra (up to 12 or 13 months total from the date you signed up)...
HTH!

AnnieW625
04-12-2011, 01:27 AM
I ended up getting a frontier during the diapers super stack in November - still haven't used it - I decided it was worth it to lose a year on the life of the seat for the awesome price!

The most you can extend your amazon prime I believe is 9 months... It should be one extra month per $25 you spend (I bought something that was $100 and I got 4 months), so a $223 carseat will get you 8 months extra (up to 12 or 13 months total from the date you signed up)...
HTH!

Hmm okay, thanks, maybe I did get two months instead of one or I just haven't gone over $50. I know for sure I haven't gone over $100 yet.

lisadpa
04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
OMG, I just got an email from Amazon saying my Prime is extended for 12 months! It said that this is the maximum extension.

Hmmmm $203 on diapers.com is fabulous, but I'd be paying another 6% sales tax.

I can't WAIT, it's coming today (ordered yesterday, can't beat that!). I don't look forward to uninstalling the Triumph, ugh those latch hooks HURT!

Joolsplus2
04-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Dunno if you already do this, but get your knee in the Triumph and loosen the LATCH belt, then grasp the hook so that you push that metal tongue up, then push the whole thing down farther, then give it a half twist to pull it out.
I realize some cars have pretty tight upholstery and it's always a pain, though.

lisadpa
04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Dunno if you already do this, but get your knee in the Triumph and loosen the LATCH belt, then grasp the hook so that you push that metal tongue up, then push the whole thing down farther, then give it a half twist to pull it out.
I realize some cars have pretty tight upholstery and it's always a pain, though.

OMG you are not kidding. It was a BREEZE to uninstall the Triumph from my husband's Rav4. It was nothing compared to the utter horror of trying to get it out of my Altima a year or so ago when I first bought the BV for my car. BIG difference! The upholstery tightness was completely different.

I love my new Frontier, will have to write about my install woes when I have a chance. All stupid stuff, my own mistakes. When I finally got it right (after completely removing the seat the first time) it was so easy, took about 5 minutes to get a perfect tight install. That's what I get for skipping the directions because of my own arrogance in thinking I was some kind of Britax expert!

Joolsplus2
04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
I love my new Frontier, will have to write about my install woes when I have a chance. All stupid stuff, my own mistakes. When I finally got it right (after completely removing the seat the first time) it was so easy, took about 5 minutes to get a perfect tight install. That's what I get for skipping the directions because of my own arrogance in thinking I was some kind of Britax expert!

:rotflmao:
Indeed, I had the same experience. The dang thing had me literally in tears the first time I tried to install it without reading the instructions.