PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Insiprational Quotes

California
04-11-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm filling a jar with candy and inspirational quotes and sayings for a friend of mine who's having a medically-challenging pregnancy. She's also caring for her other kids at the same time.

So... please share your favorite inspirational quotes, sayings, and if you know some, Bible verses (she's Christian). Funny is good too!

Themes: Motherhood, courage, fortitude, family, babies, etc. Anything that a hardworking pregnant woman with kids would appreciate.

TIA!

mackmama
04-11-2011, 06:46 PM
"Before becoming a mother I had a hundred theories on how to bring up children. Now I have seven children and only one theory: love them, especially when they least deserve to be loved." -Kate Samperi

"Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home." -Phyllis Diller

"She tried in every way to understand me, and she succeeded. It was this deep, loving understanding as long as she lived that more than anything else helped and sustained me on my way to success." -Mae West

"The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant -- and let the air out of the tires." -Dorothy Parker

"If pregnancy were a book they would cut the last two chapters." -Nora Ephron

"To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power." -Maya Angelou

"The older I become, the more I think about my mother." -Ingmar Bergman

"My mother never gave up on me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back." -Denzel Washington

"Youth fades, love droops, the leaves of friendship fall, a mother's secret hope outlives them all." -Oliver Wendell Holmes

"There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Motherhood: All love begins and ends there." -Robert Browning

"Whenever I'm with my mother, I feel as though I have to spend the whole time avoiding land mines." -Amy Tan

"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." -Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

"The biggest lesson we have to give our children is truth." -Goldie Hawn

"As a parent you try to maintain a certain amount of control and so you have this tug-of-war ... You have to learn when to let go. And that's not easy." -Aretha Franklin

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." -Phyllis Diller

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else." -Judy Garland, to her daughter, Liza Minelli