PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot kids seminars

bubbaray
04-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Just wanted to pass along that DH took DD#2 to a Home Depot seminar this past weekend (to make a cute flower box) and they had a GREAT time! She got a cute Home Depot apron and built a super-cute flower box (and got a pin and a certificate). They were also able to pick up a set for DD#1 (who was at dance).

maestramommy
04-12-2011, 06:47 AM
I've heard about these. Dora was saying the other day she wants to make something out of wood. I think I'll ask Dh to take her.

liz
04-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Lowes also offers these. Glad to hear that your DD and DH had a fun time!

BillK
04-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Yep - I take Zach to our Home Depot one - they have it the first Saturday of every month and it's great. Zach really looks forward to it and really has a good time.

Lowes has it also (ours is every other Saturday) but I've not been yet. One of the other dad's at the Home Depot one told me the Lowe's ones are nice but the Home Depot ones are slightly better.

Hats off to both Home Depot and Lowes for doing this!

hellokitty
04-12-2011, 08:56 AM
DH has taken my older boys to the one at Lowe's. He was really impressed by how nice it was. The kids all get aprons and then they give you a patch for completing the project (they have 2 a month). They also have the kids wear goggles. The only thing he didn't like was that it is a zoo and extremely LOUD, b/c of all of the hammering in a warehouse type of environment... so bring your hearing protection! :)

StantonHyde
04-12-2011, 03:11 PM
They actually came to my dc's day care a couple of years ago and did this. The kids LOVED it.

alien_host
04-12-2011, 04:08 PM
We've done both. Actually the HD only once and DH took her. Both enjoyed it. We seem to always be busy the first Sat of the month!

I've taken DD to Lowes at least 6 times. You should sign up in advance since they only have a limited # of kits. It is very hard to hammer on the tables they put up (too wobbly), we usually hammer it on the floor. And it is extremely loud. At our Lowe's the staff doesn't really help you do it, which is fine for us. I don't know what it is like at HD.

www.lowesbuildandgrow.com (http://www.lowesbuildandgrow.com)

KrisM
04-12-2011, 04:21 PM
We've done both too. I find that DS1 can generally do all of the HD projects without help, or if he needs help, it's just holding something briefly. But, at Lowe's they seem to be more complicated and he requires help. We've put off Lowe's for a bit until they're older as helping 3 kids at a time is too hard.