PDA

View Full Version : Help: Chicco Keyfit 30 and Maclaren Easy Traveler

ummzayaan
04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
All,

I went ahead and purchased a Maclaren Easy Traveler because of the awesome reviews it has, particularly when used with the Chicco Keyfit 30 (which I also bought because of its rave reviews!).

It used to be that the Keyfit wasn't technically compliant with the East Traveler, but everyone seemed to love the fit and used it all the time - even amongst my relatives.

Now the stroller comes with a Chicco Keyfit 30 adapter bar, so I thought "oh even better!" and bought it. I followed the instructions (installed the bar on position "A") and placed the car seat on, strapped it, and I'm unhappy with how the car seat can move from side to side! There's a good amount of space between the car seat and the stroller bars, as well as on either side of the car seat on the adapter bar, so even the strap can't keep it from moving left and right.

I called Maclaren and sent them pictures of what I mean and all they said was basically "this is how it works, it's perfectly safe, I assure you." I don't know if that satisfies me! So I'm just looking to see if anyone else came across this and found any solutions (my brother-in-law told me to just use the original adapter, as that would position the car seat lower, making the car seat handle fit between the stroller bars and therefore keeping it snug).

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Joolsplus2
04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Shoots, I haven't a clue, did you also post on the stroller board?
Sometimes it is a little weird for new parents to get used to seats that wiggle too much, but it does sound like it's wiggling quite a bit, so I'm not sure.
(Oddly, I just bought my niece a KF Cortina system then found out she still has a 94 Mustang, and I was thinking I'd tell her to buy this for her teeny trunk, and imagined her being dismayed at it not snapping perfectly. <twilight zone music>)

ummzayaan
04-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks Julie! I'll post on the stroller forum as well.

kelli701
04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
I used my Easy Traveller and Keyfit 30 through 2 babies, always using the car seat strap on the Easy Traveller. These have been my 2 favorite pieces of baby gear - worth their weight in gold to me! I hope you find a solution you're comfortable with. I never worried as long as I used the strap across the seat. Oh yes, I always used the A setting.