PDA

View Full Version : Any Kettler deals? Which one should I get?

cat5902
04-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I've been a lurker for some time and now need has flushed me out into the open! :D

I am looking for a tricylce for my 16 month old. He's pretty tall for his age (about the height of the average 2 yo). So I'm pretty worried about getting a trike that won't fit him or that he grows out of by the end of the summer. Any suggestions? I've been eyeing the kettlers, but which one? And more importantly are there any deals?

TIA!

candaceb
04-12-2011, 06:37 PM
I have no idea what a good price on a Kettler would be because I haven't shopped for them, but they're on Hautelook today - $125 for the trike with a handle.

luli13
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Hello Philly neighbor :waving4:! We just bought this one for my DD who will turn 2 next week:

http://www.amazon.com/Kiddi--Kettler-Tire-Junior-Trike/dp/B003NW7L68/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1302655271&sr=8-4

citymama
04-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Advice from a long time Kettler owner: buy the lightest weight Kettler you can (the Junior or the Blossom or the Green trike) and get a parent handle bar! We made the mistake of getting our then 2 yr old the sturdy Jumbo - and it's so heavy, that she doesn't even want to ride it at 5!!! We pushed her on it to the playground, where she would jump on other kids' rink-a-dink trikes and take off like a shot. The Jumbo she could barely get to move. I think we will sell our Jumbo and get a used Blossom for DD2.

Smillow
04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Kettler trikes have so many options & combinations that it gets confusing! I got ours on CL & the flea market - we have 3 - insert embarrassed smilie;) The first one had rubber tires but not autofreewheel. The second one had autofreewheel but plastic tires. The third one has autofreewheel, rubber tires & the smallest frame of the three (looks the same size as the one luli13 posted) which fits DS best - he is 25 months & 36"+ tall but all torso, so his legs are short. All three have the push handle.

cat5902
04-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks! This is good information - I hadn't considered the weight of the trike. I had been reading the posts in the forum but no one addressed height. My DS is all legs! He was never a chunky baby always long and lean. So I try to look for things that will accomodate his growing height. I'll keep my eyes open for deals.

Hi luli13! :waving4:

DebbieJ
04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Advice from a long time Kettler owner: buy the lightest weight Kettler you can (the Junior or the Blossom or the Green trike) and get a parent handle bar! We made the mistake of getting our then 2 yr old the sturdy Jumbo - and it's so heavy, that she doesn't even want to ride it at 5!!! We pushed her on it to the playground, where she would jump on other kids' rink-a-dink trikes and take off like a shot. The Jumbo she could barely get to move. I think we will sell our Jumbo and get a used Blossom for DD2.

AGREE 100%! We sold our Kettler because DS couldn't pedal it! It was too heavy! He ended up zooming around on a hand me down plastic Fisher Price trike.