PDA

View Full Version : jersey fold-over skirt $10 at Old Navy

mezzona
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
the jersey fold over skirt at old navy is on sale! reduced to $10. i LOVE this skirt. I just got another one. plus they have 25% off today (ONSPRING)

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55402&vid=1&pid=809741&scid=809741002

ang79
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Ugh, just when I decided that I need to stay away from that store (I've bought way too much there recently....). I tried one of these on last year but didn't buy because of the price, and now I forget if I liked the S or XS (also wondering if I should try petite since I'm 5'2"). How do you find the sizing on these? Maybe I'll get a few in different sizes and get my free shipping, then return what doesn't work :)

SnuggleBuggles
04-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm 5'2" and the small regular is fine length wise for me.
eta- love these skirts!
Beth

mezzona
04-14-2011, 02:11 PM
they run slightly larger -- i can fit a sz 4 in old navy pants, but i use xs in this skirt. i'm 5'4" and they fall just above the knee for me.

artvandalay
04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm 5'8 - do you think I should go with tall? I wish they would have given length description for the regular and tall size.

These do look cute, thanks for posting!

Melaine
04-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Thank you!!! This is a great deal and I love that they should fit fine even if I continue to lose a bit more weight as I plan to.

The question is, how many of these do I actually need?

theloo
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Do they sell these at the B&M store? I'd like to try it, but don't need to buy $50 worth of stuff to get free shipping.

mezzona
04-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Do they sell these at the B&M store? I'd like to try it, but don't need to buy $50 worth of stuff to get free shipping.

yes, just call your local ON and see if they have the color and size you want and they'll hold it for you.

ETA my ON still had it for 15. :( cancelled my hold. shucks! i just placed an ON order too and it's already shipping.

SnuggleBuggles
04-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Thank you!!! This is a great deal and I love that they should fit fine even if I continue to lose a bit more weight as I plan to.

The question is, how many of these do I actually need?

How many? One for every day of the week. ;) They seriously rock in the summer!

Beth

ang79
04-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Do you think they are $10 in store too? I was just there last night but didn't look around much. But I guess its cheaper to use the 25% off online today....

I know I don't really need a purple, black, brown, and gray one but for $7.50 it would be silly to pass them up, right?

Melaine
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
:bag Ok, after some contemplation I did get all 5 colors!! LOL...for $40 total (got free shipping, even though total was less after code) I couldn't resist. I may still return 1 or 2 but I know I like the fit and style so I this is great!! Thanks a bunch mezzona!:bowdown:

MommyAllison
04-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Has anybody worn these while pregnant? I have a few already, but am thinking they'll be good maternity skirts this summer, since I can just wear them under my belly. Any experience?

ang79
04-14-2011, 02:55 PM
they run slightly larger -- i can fit a sz 4 in old navy pants, but i use xs in this skirt. i'm 5'4" and they fall just above the knee for me.

That's what I was thinking, I think I liked the XS best last summer, as the S was a bit loose in the waist (but the XS might have been clingy in the butt....). I normally wear XS in ON stuff (unless its the clingy t-shirts, then a M) and I have on a pair of size 2 short jeans right now.

Anyone know how much shorter the Petite length is from the regular length? I like my skirts to either hit right above the knee or right below if I'm wearing it to church.

theloo
04-14-2011, 02:59 PM
:bag Ok, after some contemplation I did get all 5 colors!! LOL...for $40 total (got free shipping, even though total was less after code) I couldn't resist. I may still return 1 or 2 but I know I like the fit and style so I this is great!! Thanks a bunch mezzona!:bowdown:

Would it be wrong for me to do this to get free shipping and later return a couple to the store if I didn't like the color?

Also, I'm 5'5" but like to wear skirts below the knee. Should I order in tall?

athompson
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Has anybody worn these while pregnant? I have a few already, but am thinking they'll be good maternity skirts this summer, since I can just wear them under my belly. Any experience?

I spent two pregnant summers in these...they were fantastic.

clc053103
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm 5'8 - do you think I should go with tall? I wish they would have given length description for the regular and tall size.

These do look cute, thanks for posting!

I'm 5'8" and fine in a regular medium.

Melaine
04-14-2011, 03:29 PM

I am pretty sure that I wore these when I was pregnant, if not something very similar (it has been 5 years now so a little fuzzy). I am sure that they would work really well.

s7714
04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
:love5: Thank you!!!

Melaine
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Would it be wrong for me to do this to get free shipping and later return a couple to the store if I didn't like the color?

Also, I'm 5'5" but like to wear skirts below the knee. Should I order in tall?

No, I don't think that's wrong! If I love the color of all five and none fit weird (I have had frequent issues with ON inconsistent sizing) then I will keep all but if not then I will return with no guilt. I honestly hope I can keep all of them because it would be a big load off of my summer wardrobe shopping and they are almost wearable year-round in my climate. I have brown and black that are super worn out from a long time ago, but I am thinking I will save those to throw on over my bathing suits.

KDsMommy
04-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks! I bought 3 skirts, a purple top to match the navy skirt, and a mini in white....all for $40 shipped!

daniele_ut
04-14-2011, 04:12 PM
And . . . I just ordered 3 skirts, 4 dresses and 2 pairs of pedal pushers. Enablers! I'm looking for something other than shorts to wear on our cruise in August.

theloo - I am 5'5 and ordered tall skirts and dresses. I want mine to hit the knee or just below. I ordered 2 sizes of pedal pushers knowing that I would return one, and the dresses are always hit or miss with me, so a few of those might go back.

hellokitty
04-14-2011, 04:29 PM

Same here, but I had the Target version. I was sad that I couldn't wear them anymore, b/c they're too big now.

AbbysMom
04-14-2011, 04:56 PM
What shirts do you wear with these skirts? I have tons of skirts and no shirts that look good with them!

DrSally
04-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Wow, great price. I wish they had more colors. I think they run a bit large. I'm 5'4" and fit into a small, I think.

bw52
04-14-2011, 05:30 PM
So, if I wanted to wear this while pregnant, should I size up? Or will it be pretty stretchy for while? I'm not showing at all yet (coming out of 1st trimester), but would like to wear it through the summer.

Pyrodjm
04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I got a few using the 25% off code on the main page. Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
04-14-2011, 09:06 PM
What shirts do you wear with these skirts? I have tons of skirts and no shirts that look good with them!

Cotton ribbed tank tops from ON. :) Very low key. I accessorize well and wear cute flip flops to make up for it! Knit t-shirts work well too.

Beth

mikala
04-14-2011, 09:22 PM

:yeahthat: I wore mine a lot while pregnant.

lchang25000
04-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks!! I bought 10 of them (5 in 1 size and 5 in another size) since I'm not sure which size would fit me best. I don't want it too tight and clingy in the bottom area or too loose in the waist. I'm 5'7" and I ordered the tall sizes since I like my skirts below the knee.

mezzona
04-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Cotton ribbed tank tops from ON. :) Very low key. I accessorize well and wear cute flip flops to make up for it! Knit t-shirts work well too.

Beth

:yeahthat: and fitted Ts. cardi or hoodie if it's cold. sandals, flipflops. the black is great because it doesnt fade, so it is easily dressed up too. throw on a fitted blazer or jacket and heels.

theloo
04-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Okay, I ordered them. While I was stalling, one of them went out of stock, but I got it in regular instead of tall. I used up a couple of gift cards I had & went through ShopDiscover for an extra 5% back, so it was less than $10 :)

Nu_mama
04-15-2011, 10:12 AM
I really like the idea of the navy color, but are the flowers too much?

inmypjs
04-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks for this post! I got black, gray and navy flower. To the previous poster, I saw the navy flower in person at the store yesterday, and I thought it was cute. I think it would look nice with a white T. The flower is kind of decal-like and sticky, but for the price I thought it was just fine.

Nu_mama
04-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks. I decided to get black, grey, and purple. I also got a few tanks and a pair of gladiator sandals for DD.

hellokitty
04-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I ended up getting it in petite (I am 5'4" and like my skirts shorter, I have very muscular calves, and if the skirt falls too low, it's unflattering, so I almost always wear above knee) in brown, grey, black and the purple. The green looked blah to me, so I didn't get it. I also got two workout tank tops that got reviews for not being too tight around the belly, which is one of my lovely issues now that I have had kids, were anything that hugs too much around the belly looks awful. Thanks for posting OP! I've been looking for these kinds of skirts for a good deal for the past yr, esp since I wear skirts all summer long.

MaddiesMommy
04-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Ok, I have a silly question. I own a few of these skirts and really love them b/c they're so comfortable. The only thing is, when I wear them in the hot summer heat, I find them to be too hot and uncomfortable w/ a slip on underneath. Does everyone wear a slip with them? I never really checked to see if a slip is completely necessary with the skirt, b/c always wearing a slip with a skirt or a dress had been ingrained into my head by my mother. :)

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
04-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Goodness no, I don't even own a slip. It defeats the ease of a skirt like the ON to wear one, imo. :) I do wear a thong b/c of VPL but that is the only concession I make to things.

Beth

bcafe
04-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I love these skirts. I wore them all through my pregnancy last summer. I have the navy with flowers and they are very subtle. I do wish there was a bigger variety of colors this year.

alien_host
04-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I bought a bunch to try out. Black, purple, grey...I hope some of the sizes work!

PLEASE tell me no ironing is needed....I don't iron ;)

SnuggleBuggles
04-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't iron either. You'll be fine!

Beth

ang79
04-15-2011, 03:01 PM
OK, I ordered 4 in the XS size (I think that's what I'll need) but also got one in a S to try. I didn't want to order all 4 in the S, thinking that I can just exchange in store if the XS doesn't work. Does anyone know how ON handles exchanges if you ordered online and want to exchange in store? Will they honor the $7.50 price that I paid online and just do an even exchange or do they return and I have to rebuy at the store price? Kinda thinking I should have just ordered all 4 in the S size just in case now.....

I also do not like ironing and will only wear a slip with a skirt/dress if its see-through on its own, so I stayed clear of the white skirt. Hoping it won't be a problem with the darker colors.

MomtoNico
04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Has anyone been to the store- Are the skirts there? Stuff and save starts on 4-22. This time you have the coupon scanned to see if you get 20, 30 40 or 50 off.

ang79
04-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Has anyone been to the store- Are the skirts there? Stuff and save starts on 4-22. This time you have the coupon scanned to see if you get 20, 30 40 or 50 off.

Someone said earlier in the thread they called their store and they were $15 in store. With my luck I'll only get the 20% off for the Stuff and Save, that's what I always get when they email the mystery codes :( Wish they'd do the first 50 in line get 50% off again, I did manage to get that twice :)

inmypjs
04-15-2011, 05:26 PM
I went to a store last night, and the skirts were there, but they were $15. They also only had XS and XXL in most of the colors, so I ended up ordering.

daisyd
04-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks OP. I got 3 and I cant wait to try them

Ladybug47
04-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks! I ordered some to try out. I'm always looking for easy summer options!

danagee
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks, OP, I ordered 3 of them! I was so close to buying similar ones at Target but they didn't have my size/color so I'm happy to get this deal.

mypa
04-16-2011, 04:33 PM
OK, I ordered 4 in the XS size (I think that's what I'll need) but also got one in a S to try. I didn't want to order all 4 in the S, thinking that I can just exchange in store if the XS doesn't work. Does anyone know how ON handles exchanges if you ordered online and want to exchange in store? Will they honor the $7.50 price that I paid online and just do an even exchange or do they return and I have to rebuy at the store price? Kinda thinking I should have just ordered all 4 in the S size just in case now.....

I also do not like ironing and will only wear a slip with a skirt/dress if its see-through on its own, so I stayed clear of the white skirt. Hoping it won't be a problem with the darker colors.

I bought these skirts last year online in a L but it was a little loose and called CS, they sent out replacements in M at the price I paid and free shipping. Some of the colors were sold out so I was able to pick out other colors. Once I got the M's I compared them to the L's and decided to return the L to the store. I was really happy with their CS!

mamatomax
04-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Nice! Just got 6 skirts. 5 jersey fold-over--3 regular and 2 tall and the coral poplin front-pocket skirt for $53. I love the front-pocket one I have in the fossil fuel color, so I went for the pink :-) Have to go a size down on those, and they're a wee bit on the short side. Just perfect for another FL summer!

mezzona
04-19-2011, 01:43 AM
got my shipment today yahoo. also got the maxi, which is just like the knee length skirt, but to the floor. LOVE. highly recommend if you like the knee length ones.

theloo
04-19-2011, 01:59 AM
got my shipment today yahoo. also got the maxi, which is just like the knee length skirt, but to the floor. LOVE. highly recommend if you like the knee length ones.

Glad you got your shipment already! I just got my shipping notice today and it's supposed to arrive by Saturday.

hellokitty
04-19-2011, 08:11 AM
I bought these skirts last year online in a L but it was a little loose and called CS, they sent out replacements in M at the price I paid and free shipping. Some of the colors were sold out so I was able to pick out other colors. Once I got the M's I compared them to the L's and decided to return the L to the store. I was really happy with their CS!

I'm glad to hear about your experience. I ordered M's and I'm hoping that they are the correct size, but have been worried that if I got the wrong size, I would just have to return and have no other options if the store didn't carry the size I needed.

Melaine
04-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Ugh. I guess I got cocky with my recent weight loss and decided to chance size S. I think I will be sort of inbetween S & M but I think S is too small. I am hoping they have some mediums in stock in store!

DrSally
04-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Ugh. I guess I got cocky with my recent weight loss and decided to chance size S. I think I will be sort of inbetween S & M but I think S is too small. I am hoping they have some mediums in stock in store!

Darn! Plus they're cotton, so they may shrink some in the wash. At least you can do an exchange and get the sale price.

Melaine
04-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Darn! Plus they're cotton, so they may shrink some in the wash.

Exactly! The weird thing is, I bought S based on the ones I already have which are Ms, and a bit loose even after washing. But the Ss are definitely too snug.

KDsMommy
04-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I hope mine get here soon!

DrSally
04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Exactly! The weird thing is, I bought S based on the ones I already have which are Ms, and a bit loose even after washing. But the Ss are definitely too snug.

With ON, especially, I find that they change manufacturers often (prob to get the cheapest price). The same item in the same size may be made in different places and the size may feel different.

Melaine
04-21-2011, 04:18 PM
With ON, especially, I find that they change manufacturers often (prob to get the cheapest price). The same item in the same size may be made in different places and the size may feel different.

I have found the sizes inconsistent too. Which makes me wonder if I should open all five skirts. I just tried two so far....Hmmmm.

hellokitty
04-21-2011, 11:41 PM
I got mine yesterday and love them. I am 5'4" and got the M in petite and they are right above the knee, which is where I would like them to be. I also got two adorable workout tanks tops with built in jogging bras and can't get over how flattering they look.

Melaine
04-22-2011, 08:06 AM
I got mine yesterday and love them. I am 5'4" and got the M in petite and they are right above the knee, which is where I would like them to be. I also got two adorable workout tanks tops with built in jogging bras and can't get over how flattering they look.

Can you link to the tanks?

ljackson
04-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Darn! Plus they're cotton, so they may shrink some in the wash.

They're not cotton - they are polyester, rayon and spandex. I don't think those shrink, do they? I got my skirts yesterday and love them so much that I'm thinking of ordering two more.

DrSally
04-22-2011, 10:20 AM

I totally forgot about the petite option on line. I'm the same height, so if I order them in the future, I'll for for the petite. I'm surprised a small didn't fit on you--aren't you a size 6 or am I remembering wrong?

DrSally
04-22-2011, 10:21 AM
They're not cotton - they are polyester, rayon and spandex. I don't think those shrink, do they? I got my skirts yesterday and love them so much that I'm thinking of ordering two more.

Oh! They look like cotton. They're still machine washable though, right?

hellokitty
04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I totally forgot about the petite option on line. I'm the same height, so if I order them in the future, I'll for for the petite. I'm surprised a small didn't fit on you--aren't you a size 6 or am I remembering wrong?

Lol, I wish I were a size 6. The mediums are ok now, but if I lose another 10-15 lbs, I'll probably have to switch to a small. These are super stretchy, even when I was pg, I could fit my big ass belly into the larges.

hellokitty
04-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Can you link to the tanks?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41581&vid=1&pid=810741&scid=810741042

I got the black/grey and green/white (which I think is more pretty of course). I don't know if I could jog in these w/o wearing another jogging bra underneath it, BUT for stuff like zumba or just wearing it for walking, etc., this is perfect. It is so cute, fitted at the bust (I'm probably about a size D now) and it kind of just flows over your belly, but isn't baggy looking. Most workout tanks cling to you and if you don't have a really flat belly, it just looks not-so-nice.

KDsMommy
04-22-2011, 11:38 AM
I got my skirts yesterday and I'm wearing the navy with the floral pattern today. I LOVE these! I am going to exchange the purple skirt that I ordered for the white with floral pattern. I also got a white mini and am thinking of exchanging it as well for another of these.

ang79
04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
For those of you that got yours, where do the skirts fall length wise? I got the regular XS and it falls right at the bottom of my knee cap and looks funny. If I roll it over all the way (and let the waist band a little wrinkly so it looks ruched), then it hits above my knee and looks better. Maybe I should have gone for the petite option.

Also, has anyone washed theirs yet? Any shrinkage if put in the dryer or should I air dry? The XS fits fine now but if it shrinks at all it will be too tight on my rear I'm afraid. But the S is kinda loose at the waist, go figure!

KDsMommy
04-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm 5'5" and got Mediums. With the waist folded over all the way, it hits just above my knee.

Ladybug47
04-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm 5'5" and got Mediums. With the waist folded over all the way, it hits just above my knee.

Same with me. Mediums and I fold it over all the way or it looks too long on my leg. I was wondering, too, whether the petite length would have been a better fit... I just don't want them too short, though, cuz I'll be chasing kids and sitting on the floor a lot.

KDsMommy
04-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I ordered a mini in white and I'm thinking of taking it back for another of the regular length. It seems my "mini" days are past. :ROTFLMAO:

s7714
04-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I received mine today. Wow they're comfy and perfect for my waiting to fit into pre-pregnancy clothes again period! Can't wait to wear them after they're washed! Thanks to everyone who's recommended them here. Took me a couple years, but I did finally listen! ;)

Babymakes3
04-23-2011, 10:18 PM
I bought one of these skirts today with my Stuff & Save coupon and I LOVE it! I wasn't sure I would and I didn't try it on in store but it's super cute. I bought an XS and the fit is perfect too.
I have a black one and a striped one from Target several years ago and they are okay but the ON one is so much better! Now I might need a few more...

theloo
04-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Mine came yesterday and while I like them, they seem to emphasize my pooch-y stomach :( I guess that's just more incentive to get rid of it!

Babymakes3
04-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Mine came yesterday and while I like them, they seem to emphasize my pooch-y stomach :( I guess that's just more incentive to get rid of it!

Hmmm try pulling it up or down, I think the foldover sucks mine in more with the double layers over it.

mezzona
04-24-2011, 11:08 AM
I usually kept the fold pulled up over my pp tummy until it flattened out. mine did not shrink in the dryer. I wash and dry at the delicate setting to minimize pilling. otherwise it will pill. on the other hand, I have a maternity dress from gap that is made of tencel. it feels like a really soft jersey but does not pill at all!

daisyd
04-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Love mine, but i think I bought too much. anyone know if they have a 30 or a 60 day return policy? Thanks.

kbud
04-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion of these. I missed the sale and was hoping to find another discount. I saw the following thread on Slick Deals. My discount at first was 20% off but I followed the instructions on the page and got 40% off! So I got 11 items (including 4 of these skirts) for $58 shipped. I hope they fit.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2869623

DrSally
04-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestion of these. I missed the sale and was hoping to find another discount. I saw the following thread on Slick Deals. My discount at first was 20% off but I followed the instructions on the page and got 40% off! So I got 11 items (including 4 of these skirts) for $58 shipped. I hope they fit.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2869623

I'm just in the process of filling up my ON cart. I can't figure out how to do this. I don't have "opera" though.

kbud
04-24-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm just in the process of filling up my ON cart. I can't figure out how to do this. I don't have "opera" though.

It took me a bit but was easy once a re-read it. I have firefox so I downloaded the add on that is linked. I opened the add-on and found the cookie referenced. I selected it and clicked on edit. You then just change the last character on the address to an "E" for the 40% off.

I hope that helps.

DrSally
04-24-2011, 11:56 PM
It took me a bit but was easy once a re-read it. I have firefox so I downloaded the add on that is linked. I opened the add-on and found the cookie referenced. I selected it and clicked on edit. You then just change the last character on the address to an "E" for the 40% off.

I hope that helps.

ok, I'll try it one more time before heading to bed. Thanks!

kaharris83
04-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Love mine, but i think I bought too much. anyone know if they have a 30 or a 60 day return policy? Thanks.

The website says the return policy is now 45 days.

MomtoNico
04-25-2011, 08:52 AM
You can use code brongap35 to get 35% off the price. Put in an order for 5 skirts (but didnt check out) Pre order total was 50 but after disc its 32.50- still offered free shipping. Plan to shop more before I check out.

daisyd
04-25-2011, 11:24 AM
The website says the return policy is now 45 days.

Thanks a bunch!

ohiomom1121
04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
After seeing all the love this skirt is getting I just ordered 4 of them and a long one as well. I lived in skirts last year while preggo so I'm hoping they fit! I messed up and didn't realize you had to change the shipping preference to get FS....anyone had luck getting that refunded after they placed the order? If not I am not going to worry about it because the 40% off was such a great deal.

KDsMommy
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
oooohhhh....I love these so much I just might have to order a few more. uh oh.