PDA

View Full Version : Review of Skip Hop Bento Diaper Bag

vtmom
04-14-2011, 02:21 PM
I bought this bag from amazon for $65. I set up a price watch for it on camelcamelcamel.com and it dropped down to this price for just a few hours. I believe it is now back to it's original $99 price. I also believe I could have gotten it cheaper ($59) from a third party seller, but I wanted Amazon's 365 day return policy for items from the Baby store since I hadn't seen this bag IRL and wasn't sure I was going to keep it.

This is a BIG bag, but since I am using it for three kids (a two year old and four month old twins) - sometimes I need big. I don't think this is going to be my everyday diaper bag (I've been doing fine with my Skip Hop Duo for quick outings), but it will definitely be my travel, pool and all day outings diaper bag.

What I like:
*Looks like a big tote bag (I'm not a fan of diaper bags that scream diaper bag)
*pockets, pockets, pockets
*the bento compartment on the bottom can be used for lots of things and different containers besides the included bento meal kit. I was able to easily fit two rubbermaid sandwhich containers and there was room for juice boxes too.
*the exterior insulated bottle pockets are large. I am able to fit two original Playtex drop-ins bottles in each pocket (not sure two of the newer drop-in style bottles would fit though).
*I am able to use the stroller straps to attach the bag to the handles of our twin techno!
*No more having to keep track of a diaper bag, bottle bag and lunch bag - everything can now be in one place!

What I'm not too crazy about:
*The fabric is shiny
*I would have loved the yellow or black color, but did NOT like the gray accents so I went with the olive colored bag as it was the only single color bag.
*the two insulated bottle pockets on the outside don't go all the way to the bottom which makes the bag look like it has big hips (silly I know, but it bugs me)
*The tote bag straps are not detachable. I prefer to carry bags messenger style so won't really use these handles and it's annoying that I can't remove them or tuck them away easily.
*The bag didn't come with a wipes case. Not that these are expensive to buy, but for the price of the bag, you think Skip Hop would throw one in?!

I haven't taken the bag out for an all day test drive yet, but that's what comes to mind right now.

Beth24
04-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Any updates? Did you use it for. An outing this weekend? I am trying to decide whether to get this bag or a backpack for some upcoming trips.