PDA

View Full Version : What have you been eating?

janine
04-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Lately I'm feeling guilty about my diet - I work FT so there is alot of snacking at my desk and when I get home, sometimes it's take out or leftovers (not always, but during the week it happens!). I try to not eat too much fish (since I ate alot on vacation and need to take it easy after reading up on mercury) - so what does that leave for healthy dishes that taste good?

What have you been eating?

fedoragirl
04-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I am with you on the healthy eating part. It seems that now I'm SAHM, it's more difficult to be disciplined about eating. I am eating a lot of ice cream :( and sweet tea even though I had none of the above with my 1st.
I need to control these two cravings.
12 oz. of fish per week is perfectly ok for pregnant women. I am trying to get that. I am eating a lot of salads with chicken to get the protein. I need to up the dairy in my meals too.
Hmmmm....salads, fish, one meat item per day (I'm anemic), and oatmeal/cereal. I try to eat eggs twice a week.

soon2b4
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
We have been eating out a lot. I only work part time, but between that and the rest of our schedule, I just feel exhausted by the end of the day.
So, not as good with this one as with the last. Funny thing - with DD1, I never craved much sweet stuff, but with this DD, I do at least 2-3 times a week!

eh613c
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
With DS, I paid a lot of attention to what I ate and I was working FT. I didn't eat any processed meat with nitrates, limited my fish intake, no soft cheese, etc. Now that I'm a SAHM and pregnant with DS2, my diet has been so-so. I crave chips and chocolate....and the occassional soda (no caffeine). I try to eat healthy 80% of the time and with the other 20%, I give myself some wiggle room for the Girl Scout cookies and dark chocolate.

janine
04-14-2011, 04:33 PM
With DS, I paid a lot of attention to what I ate and I was working FT. I didn't eat any processed meat with nitrates, limited my fish intake, no soft cheese, etc. Now that I'm a SAHM and pregnant with DS2, my diet has been so-so. I crave chips and chocolate....and the occassional soda (no caffeine). I try to eat healthy 80% of the time and with the other 20%, I give myself some wiggle room for the Girl Scout cookies and dark chocolate.

You're doing good then! I'm about 60/40 with allowing myself to have my "cravings" (not sure if they are all pregnancy related).

Edensmum
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Eating out a lot lately but trying to make pretty good choices there. Drinking stinging Nettle tea and REd Rasberry Leaf tea for the nutrients. Made a quiche for more protein in the morning. Trying to give in more to my cravings for fruit than sweets. One cup of coffee in the am in back in rotation, after being unappealing for awhile there.

soon2b4
04-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Eating out a lot lately but trying to make pretty good choices there. Drinking stinging Nettle tea and REd Rasberry Leaf tea for the nutrients. Made a quiche for more protein in the morning. Trying to give in more to my cravings for fruit than sweets. One cup of coffee in the am in back in rotation, after being unappealing for awhile there.

For me it has been English Breakfast tea... that is my must have caffeine.

drwg21
04-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Actually, I have been eating a lot of vegetarian (Indian especially) and occasional red meat. Lots of pasta dishes. Chicken and Fish are very unappealing to me now and I cut out deli meats this pregancy. I try to have yogurt/granola/fruit for breakfast, a larger lunch and lighter dinner. I also love the Naked Juices/Smoothies - great nutrients. For snacks, trail mix is good and sometimes popcorn (Newman's Own Naturals is pretty good). I still have 1 cup of coffee (half regular/half decaf) in the morning - I would be a zombie without it. Otherwise I drink flavored seltzers or plain water.

ahrimie
04-16-2011, 12:59 AM
I must admit, I eat whatever I want this pregnancy. With the first, I exercised (ran with a belly on the treadmill) and tried to watch what I ate. I also had nausea and food aversions though. This time, it's been much smoother but I'm tired a lot more and can't nap/sleep whenever I want like I could the first time. So, no exercise, I drink coffee if/when I need it (but not normally a heavy coffee drinker to begin with), eat sushi if/when I feel like it, and same with deli meats (but I think I'm over that phase because I normally don't eat too many deli meats), and dessert if/when I want it. Surprisingly, my weight gain is almost identical to the first pregnancy where I gained 30 lbs.