PDA

View Full Version : 1 year old in limo?

firemama
04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
We are flying in the summer and DD will be 1. My cousin has an extra Marathon convertible car seat for us to use when we get there. :cheerleader1:

And we are not buying a seat for her on the plane, so obviously we are not bringing our seat with us. But instead of paying for parking 8 days at the airport, we are thinking of getting a limo. My mom is travelling with us too and can share the cost. I don't think we can ask someone to drop us off. Soooooo, what do we do for DD in the limo? We will have a lot of luggage, so it will most likely be a stretch. Do limo companies have convertible seats?

mom2binsd
04-14-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure if Limo's are exempt from car seat laws but honestly just like the poster who was thinking about skipping the car seat in the Dominican Republic, I'm not sure not using a seat for a 1 year old is any better, you'd have to hold them on your lap and in a crash, obviously low chance but still, baby would be an airbag.

I'd call the limo company and ask if they have carseat, ask for a specific model and name of the seat as you don't want them to show up with a backless booster, they won't know what a convertible seat is!

Is there a neighbor who could drive you in your car to the airport and back?

Swimfreak78
04-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Would your DD fit in the bucket seat? That would be easier to bring rather than a convertible - plus you'd have it for the plane just in case you can get a car seat. When we go back home for longer periods - we just park in the furthest economy lot which is $7/day here so that's still cheaper than a limo ride. FWIW I would not bring DS in any car without a car seat.

AnnieW625
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Check your states rules, and start calling companies to see what their policy is. If the state requires that children must be in a secured seat then a lot of transportation companies keep them and they are free of charge (at least in my experience). I had to use a van service to get one of my clients to court and they had to bring their 3 yr. old so the transportation company provided a carseat for the child.

firemama
04-15-2011, 04:21 PM
We don't have our bucket seat anymore. Friends gave us ours and when we got our convertible seat, we gave it back to them because they wanted to lend it to another friend.

I checked our limo and taxi company and neither of them supply a seat. I guess that makes sense, they're not always coming from the dispatch center, and they can't keep one in their car/trunk all the time.

We decided to park at the airport, offsite. That way she will be in her own seat and we found an offsite parking lot that is cheaper than hiring a cab or limo. Thanks for all the suggestions, just thought someone would know.