PDA

View Full Version : Used Keyfit--Would you??

Bens Momma
04-15-2011, 09:56 AM
My friend has offered us her 3 year old Chicco Keyfit for our upcoming baby for free. I know it's been well kept and not been in any accidents. Would you take her up on it or politely decline and buy a new infant seat? We had a Snugride for our older 2 so I don't have any experience with Keyfits but know they are a top-rated infant seat.

TIA-
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:
and another Jumping Bean appearing before Halloween!

Joolsplus2
04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Definitely! I'm sure you'll love it, and free makes it all the better :D
Make sure it has all the parts (namely, the butt padding for newborns up to 11 pounds...people seem to misplace that a lot).

AngB
04-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Definitely!

I think there's a huge difference between getting it from a friend that you KNOW it's never been in an accident with, and getting it from some random person online.

ohsara430
04-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Absolutely take her up on it. That's best case scenario in my mind, you know its history and it's free!

rin
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Agreed, definitely take it. We had the Keyfit 30 and loved it! I would absolutely get a used seat from a friend. The issue isn't whether the seat's been used, right, but if it's been in an accident, so as long as you trust your friend's telling the truth (and why would she lie to convince you to borrow her seat for free?) it sounds like a sweet deal!