PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here buy HA items at full price or 20% off?

Dream
04-16-2011, 01:30 PM
I know everyone here wait for HA outlet sales for the bargains. I've tried couple of times and bought few items I liked. But mostly things I would love to get for DD are sold out by the time sales roll around. I'm so tempted to buy some scooter skirts and tops from their summer line at 20% off but still comes to around $40 per outfit. Some are already sold out or low inventory. They might not last till EOS sales if I wait.

Am I crazy to pay so much? Am I the only one?

Beth24
04-16-2011, 01:59 PM
I know everyone here wait for HA outlet sales for the bargains. I've tried couple of times and bought few items I liked. But mostly things I would love to get for DD are sold out by the time sales roll around. I'm so tempted to buy some scooter skirts and tops from their summer line at 20% off but still comes to around $40 per outfit. Some are already sold out or low inventory. They might not last till EOS sales if I wait.

Am I crazy to pay so much? Am I the only one?

No not at all. Especially to get the few things you really want and need at the time. We have a bunch of trips coming up so I bought my LO some L/s rash guards and a romper I really liked and needed now. I use the outlet sales for basics like Long John's and sleepers and whatever else is a great deal.

veronica
04-16-2011, 02:07 PM
If you buy what you want at a price you are ok with, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

I force myself to just set aside and save my catalogs, without looking at them. Then, I shop outlets sales, usually with stuff from the previous year. I keep my catalogs to look at so I know what I buy but I only choose/like things that are discounted. It helps me from falling in love with the new stuff, when I don't really look at it!

AnnieW625
04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
With DD1 I did buy a playdress set or two for only 15 to 20% off, but with those I knew I was going to have more children and luckily I ended up with girls. Tights even at the EOS online or in the store I have never found for more than 20% off (although there were a bunch at the last outlet sale for $5, but we skipped that because we didn't know where DD1 was going to be going to kindergarten and she'd have a uniform so I didn't want to overbuy). Also I have been really happy with the quality of their underwear so I have bought panties and training pants when they have only been 20% off. I shouldn't need any more training pants (as I have some for DD2), but if DD1 keeps liking their panties I won't balk at paying $14 for the solid colors if she is in a pinch and needs panties. I have gotten packages for $10 at the EOS sale in Dec., 2009, but last years sale wasn't nearly as generous in the under discounts.

Last year in January I had my :heartbeat: set on this dress (http://www.hannaandersson.com/Style.asp?from=SRCH&styleid=36388&simg=36388_P78&mwc=P78&styleRef=36388g) for DD1 but at $50+ I knew I wasn't going to buy it until the EOS sale and if they had DD1's size then great, but if not no loss I'd start searching Ebay. I ended up paying $24 for it so 50% but I believe I was extremely lucky. So if you know that a certain item is going to be worn for two children and you love it and don't want to take a chance then yes get it for only 20% off, but if you are on the fence then wait and take your chances.

crl
04-16-2011, 02:26 PM
I loved their deck shorts for boys. DS got FOUR summers of wear out of two pairs before I handed them down. I am perfectly content to have paid full price for those, even at HA prices. I also paid full price for underwear once. Sure it is better to get it on sale, but we needed some and I'd rather pay full price for something I know is going to fit, be comfortable and last a long time than buy a bunch of cheapo ones somewhere else trying to get it right.

I am not a huge HA fan overall, but for those two things, totally worth full price to me.

Catherine

scrooks
04-16-2011, 02:41 PM
For holiday outfits I have gotten them on the 20% off sale. They were special enough that I didn't mind paying the price. I also was worried that if I waited they would be oos.

elbenn
04-16-2011, 05:22 PM
I think if they are items you really want, go for it! I wish I had bought some really cute pants that are all sold out and not available in any outlets.

kate2128
04-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I have bought a bunch of outfits for dd at 20% during online sales. The quality is so good and I think the clothes are so cute, so I don't mind paying that price. My dd is my last baby, so even though I won't be handing them down to my own children, it's still worth it. They all look like new after a fall/winter of heavy use. They are also very easy for dd to manage herself, which was a huge plus during potty training.

WatchingThemGrow
04-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Last spring, I bought DS1 3 complete outfits (maybe more?) plus an outfit for DD at 20% off(+FS) because I really liked them and wanted them for an upcoming trip. He's still wearing them all this year, and DS2 will get 2 years use out of them as well. So, that's 3-4 years of having 3 nice new outfits in colors we like that have functional drawstrings in a size that most brands have fake drawstrings. Buying at 20% off with FS is the most I'll usually pay for Hannas.

We just do better with complete outfits, so after buying someone else's batches of gently worn Hannas on CL, I'm feeling that my own DC deserve some that we choose for them.

Dream
04-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Good to know that I'm not as crazy as I thought:) I bought 2 outfits and one dress at $102.xx with FS. Even at this time some of the colors I would have liked are already OOS.

mackmama
04-16-2011, 09:41 PM
I bought baby socks, a hat, and an outfit at full price. I had read many reviews that these were good quality items and would fit well, so I was okay with paying full price - although a sale would always be preferable! So if you really love the items, I say go for it! :)

citymama
04-17-2011, 01:01 AM
If you're near a store you can always hang on to receipts, rebuy on sale, and do a return with the original receipt. That way you guarantee that you get the item but can get the sale price if it is in stock later on.

I've never done this but I know a lot of GF moms do, and it works.

Eta: the only things I've ever bought at full price or close are vgp items - tights ($14), mocs ($14), Pima tees ($10) and baby socks ($5). I think when I first started shopping at Hanna I bought a couple of floppy sunhats at fp as well. But other than that, I only shop on major markdown!

lchang25000
04-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I usually buy things on deep discount, but just several weeks ago, I did buy the boy's get happy tees online for regular price since I knew they would sell out fast, and they did!! At least I got free shipping! :) I did buy a few other tees (tall tale tees) and matching striped shorts for 20% off and free shipping the other week, but other than that, I usually wait for good outlets sale and EOS.

mshen
04-18-2011, 08:30 AM
I used to buy everything on deep discount and do a lot of rebuy and return, but I've lost the energy to do that now. Now I buy a lot less and just pay the price. I just bought 1.5 outfit for $75, but it was vgp so it was going to be a while before it goes down.

twodogs
04-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I think there are certain HA items that I will pay full price for because they are things that always fit, are comfortable, last through multiple kids, etc. I love the denim skirts that come out each fall, and my daughters wear them all the time, year-round. I also love the swim wear and the skooter skirts. The shorts (when they made all-elastic waists in the past) are also worth it. Their flip flops in certain years have been great and worn to death. Other things, I wait for sales and if they are sold out, so be it.

I try to remind myself that it is not the worst thing in the world to pay full price for something. I think I get in the frame of mind that if it is not on sale, then I shouldn't buy it. But sometimes you spend more time searching for sales, waiting, and then not being able to get something you wanted (and then stalking it on eBay) then it is worth, to me. I know this is a bargain hunter's board, so maybe I am alone on this one...

carolinamama
04-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I loved their deck shorts for boys. DS got FOUR summers of wear out of two pairs before I handed them down. I am perfectly content to have paid full price for those, even at HA prices. I also paid full price for underwear once. Sure it is better to get it on sale, but we needed some and I'd rather pay full price for something I know is going to fit, be comfortable and last a long time than buy a bunch of cheapo ones somewhere else trying to get it right.

I am not a huge HA fan overall, but for those two things, totally worth full price to me.

Catherine

This is pretty much me, minus the underwear since I can't spend that much for my kids to pooh on something (DS1 won't but DS2 just isn't reliable at this point). Both boys LOVE the deck shorts. And they last for several years since they are made well and long to start with . I just got a package yesterday with 4 pairs for the boys but I don't tend to buy much else from HA.