PDA

View Full Version : Easter basket filler like grass

SnuggleBuggles
04-16-2011, 08:37 PM
What do you use in your Easter basket? I'm looking fir something other than generic faux grass at Target. I tried the edible stuff 2 years ago and it was gross. :)

Beth

kristenk
04-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I like pastel crinkled strips of paper. Something like this, but more subdued:
http://www.amazon.com/Crinkle-Paper-Easter-Grass-multi-color/dp/B004PDY7K2

LMPC
04-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I bought some paper grass after last Easter and plan to use it in the basket next week. Seems nicer than the plastic stuff. Do you have a shreader that cuts into strips? You could make your own with that. Or also use tissue paper if you had some that was Easter colored....pastel is what I'm thinking.

Just some thoughts...

crl
04-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Nothing. Both kids are getting a lot of socks, which take up a good bit of space. I have done underwear, t-shirts and playsilks in the past to take up room.

Catherine

MommyAllison
04-16-2011, 11:44 PM
We've used shredded colored paper and tissue paper before trying playsilks, which are my favorite.

SnuggleBuggles
04-16-2011, 11:49 PM
I've done the crinkled paper and I like it better than the plastic stuff. I'd love something reusable. I do reuse the grass but Id prefer something I could repurpose. I decided this tear to do nothing but candy; I'm getting off the mini Christmas train we've been on fir years. thank you for ideas!

Beth

Seitvonzu
04-16-2011, 11:55 PM
snugglebuggles--
i grew REAL grass in our easter baskets this year. not "reusable" -- but pretty cheap and really fun. i went to a local feed/seed place and bought 2 pounds of "annual rye"-- you still have time especially if you start tomorrow-- it sprouted very very quickly and in a week you will have considerable growth if you use alot of seeds (i covered some and then sprinkled more on top...i can hardly keep up with it)

SnuggleBuggles
04-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Ooh!! I was thinking of real grass. Thanks!

artvandalay
04-18-2011, 08:47 AM
snugglebuggles--
i grew REAL grass in our easter baskets this year. not "reusable" -- but pretty cheap and really fun. i went to a local feed/seed place and bought 2 pounds of "annual rye"-- you still have time especially if you start tomorrow-- it sprouted very very quickly and in a week you will have considerable growth if you use alot of seeds (i covered some and then sprinkled more on top...i can hardly keep up with it)

That is a wonderful idea:bighand: I love it!

I also really like the green playsilks idea.

alien_host
04-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't ususally bother with "grass" filler. Just stuff ;)

But I read somewhere the idea of putting colored paper through a paper shredder. It would be pretty inexpensive and you could recycle it, I dump it in a paper grocery bag, staple and put it in the recycle bin.

I have an "old fashioned" shredder that makes long strips that might work well for this, the small cross-cut might be too small.