PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Help!!

MSWR0319
04-16-2011, 08:57 PM
We're leaving for DW in about a month and I can't decide what to do with our stroller situation. DS is 2.5 and I had planned on dragging along our Chico Cortina (I think that's what it's called - the travel system one) because it reclines better and has more room in the basket than our Triumph. He's still in diapers so we'll have our diaper bag plus one other bag. We're staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and renting a car so I wasn't worried about dragging the thing on the buses since it's a pain in the rear and huge when folded up. DH now thinks we should rent one when we get there. Here are my main concerns: a) we won't have a stroller then for Downtown Disney or anywhere else we may go, since we do have one down day b) he has a contact peanut allergy and I'm afraid the strollers won't be clean and it would be my luck someone ate peanuts in it. Does anyone know how clean these strollers are? c) I just don't want to spend the money when we have a stroller we can use, it'll just be a hassle at the airport and should be fine after that. Am I forgetting some reason I may not want to take this monster??

WWYD?

lhafer
04-16-2011, 09:02 PM
The Disney ones are hard plastic, no recline, and totally uncomfortable looking, and very expensive to rent.

Take one of yours. I would proabaly take the triumph, but that's just me.

crl
04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
I'd take the triumph.

Catherine

Tondi G
04-17-2011, 12:49 AM
I would take your own. You will want a stroller for the walk to the car when leaving the park etc. and like you said for your down day when you won't be in one of the parks.

Raidra
04-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Definitely take your own. My 2.5 year old rode in her stroller a LOT and we really appreciated it for the walk to/from transport.

lorinick
04-17-2011, 09:02 AM
I thought Disney rented BJCM's? But I would take the Triumph. Make sure you have a ray shade or something like it.

mariza
04-17-2011, 10:56 AM
I thought Disney rented BJCM's? But I would take the Triumph. Make sure you have a ray shade or something like it.

Disney itself does not have BJCMDs, there are a few offsite companies that do. The one I've been looking at is magicstrollers.com, a double for a week was about $100 (including the $25 theft/damage insurance, which is optional) HTH

mommytoC
04-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I would take your own. You will want a stroller for the walk to the car when leaving the park etc. and like you said for your down day when you won't be in one of the parks.

I agree...and I'd take whichever stroller you think will work best once you're there. We've never found our stroller (MBUS) to be a "pain" in the airport; we've actually found it much easier to push than carry DC from gate to gate. We've gate checked it multiple times (in a carry bag) without any problem at all.

lhafer
04-18-2011, 02:30 AM
Disney itself does not have BJCMDs, there are a few offsite companies that do. The one I've been looking at is magicstrollers.com, a double for a week was about $100 (including the $25 theft/damage insurance, which is optional) HTH

:yeahthat:

magic strollers http://www.magicstrollers.com/
orlando strollers http://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/
theme park strollers http://www.themeparkstrollers.com/