PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Wax... my 1st

PMJ
04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Just got my 1st Brazilian wax. It did not hurt as much as I thought, though.... I'm just not sure.

When I first looked down, the 1st thing that I thought was, 'Oh, I look like DD now"...

Do you feel less womanly when you do this? I'm sure the answer is no, but just curious!
I tend to trim and keep it short, so I don't feel like it gets in the way, which is why I guess most people do waxing in the first place.

:)

SnuggleBuggles
04-17-2011, 07:36 PM
I won't do it bc I feel like it's just odd not to have at least something there since I'm an adt. Glad it didn't hurt much though!!

Beth

Toba
04-17-2011, 09:10 PM
I did it once about two years ago. Didn't hurt as much as I thought either, but that line down the middle where they put the cool wax ... ouchie. You can leave some hair down there. When I went, the waxer asked me if I wanted a short strip of hair on top or have it all off. I had it all taken off. I did it for DH, who looooooved it, but I haven't gone back yet. I know he likes it better waxed, I just don't know if I'm ready to go through the embarrassment (I am *extremely* introverted) again.

StantonHyde
04-17-2011, 09:58 PM
I find the no hair thing weird. Pre pubescent girls have no hair. Or natives in the Amazon rain forest. I am neither. I shave and keep things neat but there is hair there.

salsah
04-17-2011, 10:50 PM
i always leave a strip or triangle because neither DH or I care for the completely bare look. when i was pregnant with dd2, i wanted to try shapes (the lady i went to was great with making shapes) but i wanted to wait until after i had the baby (so it wouldn't be hidden by my big belly). i haven't been back since having dd2, but when i do, i will try some shapes for fun.

vahnessuh
04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
I prefer to be completely bare. I don't know... it makes me feel cleaner... if that makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do it myself all the time nor can I afford to get it done lately.

artvandalay
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/396316750.jpg

:hysterical: couldn't resist

elektra
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
My bikini line maintenance routine is more DIY now, but when I would get waxes regularly, I liked everything completely removed "underneath" but ALWAYS kept a triangle in the "front". I got everything off once and I didn't like it either. I need a little something in front.

elektra
04-18-2011, 01:50 PM
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/vol1099/13265991/23619062/396316750.jpg

:hysterical: Couldn't resist

:rotflmao:

liamsmom
04-18-2011, 02:12 PM
As a woman with two tattoos and who has enjoyed the pleasantries of natural childbirth, when I think of Brazilian/Bikini waxes, all that comes to mind is, "Holy !@#*--That must hurt!!!" :rotflmao: I have shaved it all off before and I don't care for the look, although DH does. It does remind me of being a little girl which does not get me in the mood. I also prefer having some hair so I'm not so "naked" at the OB-GYN, lol.

However, I'm a little intrigued by the waxing process now that I hear it doesn't really hurt. Maybe I'll have the sides done when summer is finally here.

PMJ
04-18-2011, 04:16 PM
HAHA, that comic is HILARIOUS!

Toba
04-18-2011, 09:34 PM
It really, really didn't hurt that bad, honest. LOL It's like a second of stinging and then it's gone. I liked it bare all over ... it kind of felt cool (breezy cool, not awesome cool) and clean. Before I had it done, I had gone to my hair stylist and we always talk about weird things so I asked her if she had ever done a Brazilian wax. She hadn't ... wanted to, just hadn't done it yet. She said NEVER get your underarms waxed ... she did it at home (with professional products) and said it was the worst pain she had ever felt. She said she did one strip on one underarm and then just kept rubbing the rest of the wax off because it was so painful. The waxer I went to said the same thing. Something about the way the hair grows out of your arm pit or something. I am a freak about underarm hair though. It MUST be shaved everyday or I feel uncomfortable. I don't think I could ever let it get long enough to even wax. :)

artvandalay
04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Doesn't it get kind of itchy when it starts to grow back?

hellokitty
04-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Art, LMAO at that comic. That is just too funny.

Oh and I'm another mom whose had med free births and I would be too scared to have a brazilian. It sounds like it would hurt like hell and then you have to keep repeating it and deal with it itching when it grows back? No thanks. My DH really wants me to get one, but I told him I would do it, if he had it too, lol. Obviously, he was not too keen on that idea.

PMJ
04-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Doesn't it get kind of itchy when it starts to grow back?

Well,... as of right now - I've had no itching.

We'll see when it begins to grow back. It better NOT!

Trust me... this hurt A LOT LESS than waxing my face.. I was shocked !

Next time though - I'm only going to do the Bikini line, not all of it. feels so strange.

eh613c
04-19-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't do a full brazilian wax. I usually have the lady that does it leave a strip...sorry TMI.

peanut520
04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
i havent since dd was born, but i used asked for a "landing strip" to be left. sorry if it is tmi.

MamaSnoo
04-20-2011, 10:02 PM
I find the no hair thing weird. Pre pubescent girls have no hair. Or natives in the Amazon rain forest. I am neither. I shave and keep things neat but there is hair there.

I am lost....why don't the indigenous ppl of the Amazon have pubic hair?

FWIW, I have never had it fully waxed. I DIY a conservative bikini wax during the summer. It does not hurt too bad IMO.

american_mama
04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Excuse me if I haven't understood, but exactly how much is removed during a Brazilian wax? Specifically, is hair removed between your legs and, ahh, behind? I get that the front might have a little strip or triangle or might all be removed, but I always wonder where else it's removed or not. It seems like the between and behind areas would hurt a lot more than the front, and be dreadfully embarassing.

salsah
04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Excuse me if I haven't understood, but exactly how much is removed during a Brazilian wax? Specifically, is hair removed between your legs and, ahh, behind? I get that the front might have a little strip or triangle or might all be removed, but I always wonder where else it's removed or not. It seems like the between and behind areas would hurt a lot more than the front, and be dreadfully embarassing.

depends on the place and what you want. typically a "brazilian" or "full" includes removing everything (all the way to the back) w/ or w/o leaving a little in front.

ime, when you go in for a bikini wax, if you schedule a regular bikini wax, the assumption is that you just want the sides/upper thighs done. if you schedule a full or brazilian, the assumption is that you want more than just the sides/upper thigh done, but the esthetician will ask you exactly how much more you want since there is so much variety.

kboyle
05-06-2011, 03:20 PM
I get it all off about every 5 wks or so...all of it.

The front definitely hurts the worst, I'm actually glad when she's moved to the underneath area...means less pain and almost done!

Yes, it gets as itchy as any growing hair stubble would get.

All in all...not too bad, I've been going for a full yr with no intentions of stopping any time soon.

zag95
05-06-2011, 03:32 PM
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/396316750.jpg

:hysterical: couldn't resist

:hysterical:OMG!!!! too funny!!!!