PDA

View Full Version : There is hope!

firemama
04-17-2011, 09:04 PM
We are finally taking a nap!!! :cheerleader1::bouncy::bighand::yay:

I have posted here asking for help probably months ago. And I also posted in AnimalBabe's thread - we were in dire need of nap help. I don't know if venting again helped, or my sheer determination to get her to nap, but she is FINALLY taking an afternoon nap. And they have been averaging 1.5 to 2 hours! Sometimes they are only 30 or 45 minutes, but I take what I can get.

I started copying my nighttime routine (minus the pajamas): close the shade, change into nighttime diaper, put on pajamas, brush her hair, hugs and kisses, say goodnight/nap, sleep tight and I love you, nurse her, and lay her down awake. I close her door for her nap (so it's a little darker) and leave it open at bedtime. She cries out for 1 or 2 minutes tops, then stops and falls asleep on her own.

Before this started she always fell asleep in my arms for bedtime, but she always stayed asleep and it was never an issue. About a week after doing this routine for naps, she started fussing after she ate at night. She would push away and looked really tired. So I laid her down and it was like she was telling me she wanted to fall asleep on her own. I followed her cue and figured she sleep trained herself. Now it works for both her naps and bedtime!

I really want to try this in the morning so she takes 2 naps a day, but right now I am just enjoying my afternoons! Hello mommy naps and DVRed shows! :love-retry: I don't quite know how to work it into EC. We catch her poops in the morning, and I feel if I try to get her to nap, she will poop during her nap.

Anyway, she is 9 months old and we finally have a daily nap. So anyone out there still struggling to get a nap routine, there is hope. Just be consistent!

PMJ
04-18-2011, 12:14 AM
That is great news!

Congrats for sticking w/ it. :)