PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sick of hearing about Kate Middleton's dress??

Pennylane
04-18-2011, 08:57 AM
It is all I have heard on The Today show this morning!

I mean, I love a royal wedding as much as the next person but come on?? We'll see it in a week. I am not losing any sleep speculating on what she is wearing!

Ann

ashleybama24
04-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm just as excited to see the wedding of the century as anyone else but give the girl some privacy. She is getting married and that is stressful enough!

Drives me crazy that The Today Show has an entire segment DAILY dedicated to the wedding. Really there is no other breaking news worldwide that needs to be discussed???

Ceepa
04-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm already over the whole thing. I'm sure I'll tune in on the big day, and I'm happy that Prince William is happy, but I have a feeling about Kate. Something about her gets my spidey sense tingling. LOL

karstmama
04-18-2011, 09:36 AM
yes. i'm always 'done' pretty quickly about **** like this.

momof2girls
04-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Done Done Done! I'm so sick of hearing about the wedding...geez, it got old for me months ago! NBC is thw worst!

vludmilla
04-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Something about her gets my spidey sense tingling. LOL

Funny, I was just saying something like this to DH the other day. She seems less real and down to earth than she did in her early twenties when they were dating. I don't get the 11 hairstylists and such. Seems like someone is a diva.

elliput
04-18-2011, 10:24 AM
The same hoopla about wedding dresses abounded for Diana and Sarah also. It'll be over in a couple weeks.

ThreeofUs
04-18-2011, 10:39 AM
snore snore snore I don't want to know any more. I don't care.

StantonHyde
04-18-2011, 11:01 AM
ok, giant bag over head smiley here, but I am twitterpated about the whole stupid thing!!! And I am NOT a girly girl. I wasn't this excited about Di's wedding. I am not getting up at some ungodly hour to watch the wedding, but I can't get enough news about it.

ok, confession time is over................

MamaMolly
04-18-2011, 11:11 AM
:popc1: nope. Loving every stinking minute of it. Maybe because things at 'home' are pretty rough right now and it is an escape? But for what ever reason, BRING IT ON! :) :) :)

kijip
04-18-2011, 11:14 AM
I was never not sick of it. I avoid all news about their wedding. Last time I checked, I don't live in a monarchy. And thus, for me, I don't care one iota about this.

boolady
04-18-2011, 11:14 AM
ok, giant bag over head smiley here, but I am twitterpated about the whole stupid thing!!! And I am NOT a girly girl. I wasn't this excited about Di's wedding. I am not getting up at some ungodly hour to watch the wedding, but I can't get enough news about it.

and

:popc1: nope. Loving every stinking minute of it. Maybe because things at 'home' are pretty rough right now and it is an escape? But for what ever reason, BRING IT ON! :) :) :)

It's not something I would normally be "into" but I am really interested. I really don't see much network news, though, so maybe I'm also not oversaturated.

dogmom
04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
We know what Kate Middleton's dress is? Oh, wait, I only listen to the news on NPR and read news online. I can't stand things like Today just because of that. How anyone considers those morning shows "news programs" (and yes, I include Fox & Friends in that group) is beyond me.

gatorsmom
04-18-2011, 04:09 PM

and

It's not something I would normally be "into" but I am really interested. I really don't see much network news, though, so maybe I'm also not oversaturated.

a big :yeahthat: I rarely watch network news or TV. I don't have the time, can't stand all the commercials and just generally hate fluffly talk shows. But I'm love to read the news on the internet and am having funny keeping up with (or trying to) all the wedding stuff. It's a nice, pleasant, harmless distraction. And getting it in little doses is probably why I'm not OD'd yet.

I rarely read the

bisous
04-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't have TV so I've missed all of the hoopla. That said, I think it is really interesting and will probably try to watch the wedding on my computer some how. ;)

I'm sure she's a diva. I can't imagine, nor do I envy what her life will be like! She might be Queen of England some day? Can you imagine? (Or will she always be a "princess"?? I'm not sure how that works...)

liamsmom
04-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I'll probably watch it, but I don't get the constant coverage. For William and Kate or any other celebrity couple. The details are their decision to make and they can clearly afford it--what's the big deal?

I am also creeped out by all the comparisons of Kate to her fiance's dead mother.

citymama
04-18-2011, 05:30 PM
I live in a mainstream culture void thanks go not having a tv. If it's not on NPR, it didn't happen. ;)

I'll probably only see that dress online some time...

When is their wedding again?

ellies mom
04-18-2011, 07:20 PM
We know what Kate Middleton's dress is? Oh, wait, I only listen to the news on NPR and read news online. I can't stand things like Today just because of that. How anyone considers those morning shows "news programs" (and yes, I include Fox & Friends in that group) is beyond me.

:yeahthat:

I've been able to avoid much of the hoopla. If I watch the wedding it will be as an excuse to throw a tea party for the girls complete with dress up clothes and their real china tea cups.

Babymakes3
04-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I haven't followed much online but I did read the book about them and i'll admit that i'm tivo'ing the movie that premieres tonight!

elektra
04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Totally not sick of it!
Love all my tweets and online news reports on the topic! Can't wait to see her dress. :)

Guess I'm just shallow. ;)

I haven't actually seen anything about it on TV though, so maybe that's why I am not sick of it. I primarily watch either sports or DVR'd shows.

elbenn
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I haven't followed much online but I did read the book about them and i'll admit that i'm tivo'ing the movie that premieres tonight!

Thanks for the reminder about the movie. I set my dvr to tape it.

arivecchi
04-18-2011, 07:37 PM
I have not heard anything about it. I don't watch news shows on TV though, so I guess I have escaped. :)

Pennylane
04-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am really excited about watching the wedding and I love the whole fairy tale romance thing. I am just so tired of the speculation over the dress!

Ann

elektra
04-20-2011, 02:04 AM
Just secured our ad space during the TLC coverage of the event! :p

HonoluluMom
04-20-2011, 06:24 AM
I have absolute no interest in either Kate Middleton or Prince William - to me they seem rather bland, kind of like the younger generation's Prince Charles and Camilla.