PDA

View Full Version : Is this pregnancy or cold related?

BabbyO
04-18-2011, 11:26 AM
I managed to hold of the cold that DH and DS got for 10 day....then it caught up with me. I've been feeling mostly ok except for the runny nose and plugged ears.

I don't think I have a sinus infection (mucus is clear to just a tinge of yellow - Sorry for TMI).

However, this morning, I've been getting dizzy when I stand, especially if I lean or bend over to pick something up. I'm inclined to think it is the cold...but I'm also 18 wks and this has been a bit of a tough pregnancy compared to my others.

Any thoughts?

pantrygirl
04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
I occasionally get dizzy and light headed especially if I was in one position for a prolonged period of time but keep monitoring just in case.

As for the mucous, during my first pregnancy, I had a constant runny nose. My colleague told me that my pregnancy hormones can cause the mucuous membranes to expand and hence the runny nose.

I kept tissues around all the time.

Hope you feel better. :)

littlebird
04-19-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm 25 weeks, and I've had a horrible time with nasal stuffiness this pregnancy. Actually, I'm surprised it never turned into a sinus infection.
I think I started feeling dizzy and light-headed around 18 weeks, if I moved too quickly. I've been feeling fatigued for a long time too, which just makes everything else worse and harder to tell if things are due to sickness or the pregnancy.

I hope you start feeling better soon! :grouphug:

MommyAllison
04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I vote pregnancy related. I get dizzy/light headed when I get up quickly when I'm pregnant. There's just a lot more blood circulating and sometimes the body can't keep up when you change positions (esp vertical-horizontal or vice versa). I'd try to move more slowly and of course call your OB/midwife if you are concerned.

BabbyO
04-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I actually think this one is cold related. I called the doc to be sure (it wasn't the kind of dizziness that you get when in one position for too long - it was more like vertigo/drugged dizziness). The doc thought that it was fluid in my ears messing with my equilibrium, which makes sense in hindsight. But he said if it doesn't get better in the next couple days I should go in and see my GP.

Pantrygirl - I had the pregnancy rhinitis with my last pg...ugg, so annoying.

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes, everyone. I just need some rest to kick this cold and I should be doing much better! :)