PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Tsukihoshis in W width online?

elektra
04-18-2011, 12:25 PM
DD loved her last pair of Tsukihoshi maryjane style sneakers. So SIL bought her a new pair but DD says they are too tight and they do look tight.
I noticed that her old pair has a EE marking on the bottom and the new ones are just E.

I am guessing that all the M width ones are marked as "E".

However, I cannot find a single place online that sells the wide width (EE)! SIL got these shoes at a brick and mortar place near our house that has since closed down.

DD had very wide feet. I did look at SR online last night too and there were only 2 or 3 styles in the XW. Shouldn't there be more there?

Any suggestions?

New Balance? I just really liked those Tsukihoshi ones.

AJP
04-18-2011, 01:52 PM
We're on our 3rd pair of these and I didn't know they even came in wide. I was told they run wide (one of my dd's wears wide) and they seem to fit fine. I bought 2 pairs in a b&m kids specialty/boutiquey shoe store and one pair on line. I'll try to check if the box or the shoes have any width markers.
We love the Tsukihoshis too and struggle to find my dd cute shoes wide enough for her chubby feet. We like the silver with pink mj style sneakers.

WatchingThemGrow
04-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I've never seen a "wide" note about them anywhere either. Wonder if it was just the style you tried. Are there reviews of it anywhere online that indicate it may run more narrow?

AnnieW625
04-18-2011, 02:38 PM
DD had very wide feet. I did look at SR online last night too and there were only 2 or 3 styles in the XW. Shouldn't there be more there?

Any suggestions?

New Balance? I just really liked those Tsukihoshi ones.

No unfortunately there aren't many choices out there for kids with wide feet:( . We ended up buying DD a pair of Stride Rites (see my other "how old are these shoes" post), and the quality is not nearly as good as the New Balance Kids DD1 has had in the past and will have in the future. If your daughter can still wear toddler size shoes (less than size 10 IIRC) and wants something not just white I highly recommend New Balance Kids as they make a nice variety of wide and XXW toddler shoes. Unfortunately after size 10 (Toddler/Youth size starts at size 10.5) they assume that most kids don't need an XXW and just made very few boring old people styles. There is a New Balance store at SCP, but I think they are expensive, but it might be good just to stop in and try them on her feet. Zappos has a decent selection online, and a local independent place close to me also keeps a nice variety of New Balance Kids. Stride Rite also owns Saucony and I have heard good things about their shoes, but never ended up trying any on. You might also want to call Newport Kids Bootery at Fashion Island, and findout if they keep wide Tsukihoshis, I think they had some out when we were there.

elektra
04-18-2011, 07:23 PM
No unfortunately there aren't many choices out there for kids with wide feet:( . We ended up buying DD a pair of Stride Rites (see my other "how old are these shoes" post), and the quality is not nearly as good as the New Balance Kids DD1 has had in the past and will have in the future. If your daughter can still wear toddler size shoes (less than size 10 IIRC) and wants something not just white I highly recommend New Balance Kids as they make a nice variety of wide and XXW toddler shoes. Unfortunately after size 10 (Toddler/Youth size starts at size 10.5) they assume that most kids don't need an XXW and just made very few boring old people styles. There is a New Balance store at SCP, but I think they are expensive, but it might be good just to stop in and try them on her feet. Zappos has a decent selection online, and a local independent place close to me also keeps a nice variety of New Balance Kids. Stride Rite also owns Saucony and I have heard good things about their shoes, but never ended up trying any on. You might also want to call Newport Kids Bootery at Fashion Island, and findout if they keep wide Tsukihoshis, I think they had some out when we were there.

Thanks Annie. Yes, DD has very wide feet, even for a little kid. She is just getting into a size 9.
I ended up getting about 6 pairs from Endless, including 2 Tsukihoshis, 1 NB, and also a few sandals style from StrideRite and Livie and Luca.
I looked at every single Tsukihoshi picture on endless and scanned to see if I saw the EE on the bottoms. And I few had that! I don't know if the width varies by style of if they just happened to select an EE size for the pic, but I'm hoping I end up with at least 1 pair that works.