PDA

View Full Version : Odd Ways to Lose Teeth

StantonHyde
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
DD lost her first tooth last night. The DCs and DH were playing "vampire chase" which consists of wearing old plastic vampire teeth from Halloween and running around with foam swords. DD went to take the plastic teeth out so DH could understand what she was saying and out popped her wiggly tooth. quick, clean, easy. Maybe we should try the same thing with the next teeth!!

What are some odd ways your DC have lost their teeth?

crl
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Ds caught one of his on his shirt as he was taking it off one night and pulled it.

Catherine

Gena
04-18-2011, 05:16 PM
DS lost the first two while eating (seperate occassions). We got the first ont out before he swallowed it, but he ate the second one.

His third tooth was stubborm and refused to come out, even though it was very loose and the adult tooth was already coming. Vigorous brushing did the trick on that one.

sidmand
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
DS's tooth wasn't loose at all but when tooth hits scooter handlebars, scooter usually wins...it just made it loose though and then he lost it for good when he and a friend were jumping in our bounce house.

His second tooth was loose naturally and he told me it hurt, I told him it was probably loose and he said, "but I didn't hit a scooter." :)

SnuggleBuggles
04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Ds1 lost one of his teeth on a bumpy amusement park ride. It happened early on in the ride so we were stuck holding a bloody tooth for a while!

Beth

billysmommy
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
DS1 lost his first tooth in a piece of gum right after we got off the plane in Orlando.
We found out that if you lose a tooth at DisneyWorld then Tinkerbell comes instead of the Tooth Fairy :)

PunkyBoo
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Punkin had one loose tooth, but the tooth next to it was being pushed out by the adult tooth growing in. when I took him to the dentist to look at the one being pushed out, he said it needed to be pulled. While there, the dentist had Punkin pull out the loose tooth next to it with the dental "pliers".

His 3rd tooth was VERY loose. He and DH were in the backyard throwing the football and Punkin "caught" the ball against his chin, which popped out the tooth. I'm so glad it happened at home and not the night before during his flag football game!

elliput
04-18-2011, 06:36 PM
DD just lost her first tooth on Friday while she was eating an apple. So not very odd really. What was odd was her reaction- she told me her tooth was broken and that I had to fix it. :rotflmao:

kedss
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
DS lost his first tooth while eating a banana on a preschool field trip, luckily there was a mom who had dealt with lost teeth before. ;)

mimosa
04-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Most of DS1's teeth have come out pretty normally, after lots of wiggling, either pulling them himself or with a little help. But he lost his second tooth at school...carrying his lunch box around with the strap in his mouth, "Like a DOG!!!" :rolleye0014:

lalasmama
04-18-2011, 10:36 PM
On a boat on the river. I put my hand/arm back to grab something as DD was coming forward. Didn't realize she was there. She's lost one at daycare, and one at school too. But the story that's always repeated is when I "back-handed" her on the boat.

hellokitty
04-18-2011, 10:51 PM
DS1 swallowed his first loose tooth while eating an apple, lol. We had to improvise and tell him that the tooth fairy would come anyway, even though he didn't have the tooth to give her.

DS2 kept freaking out about a loose tooth. We tried to pull it out, but he was so antsy. For some odd reason, my bil offered to do it (they were here over thanksgiving) and DS2 let him do it, it just came out w/o any effort at all! It's weird to me, b/c I was surprised he would let someone do it for him and weirder yet that my bil (who is squeamish about blood and stuff) would happily pluck out his nephew's tooth!

JTsMom
04-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Jason just lost his first one about a month ago. I think that he swallowed it, but I can't be sure b/c he spent most of the day outside, and didn't notice that it was gone. I noticed it during dinner.

When I lost my first one, I was wiggling it in front of the mirror at my Grandma's house. It fell out, and went right down the drain. I was crushed, but the Tooth Fairy made a ladder out of toothpicks and got it out. :) :heartbeat:

StantonHyde
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
"but I didn't hit a scooter." :)

love that one!!!

StantonHyde
04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
But he lost his second tooth at school...carrying his lunch box around with the strap in his mouth, "Like a DOG!!!" :rolleye0014:

And of course we was surprised!!! yeesh, kid!

Eating is definitely the way to go. DS lost his in an apple, and then I think he ate another one. I love the backhanding story--of course she has to remember that "awful" time :tongue5:

I :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: the story about the toothfairy making a ladder out of toothpicks. How sweet is that?

creativelightbulb
04-19-2011, 02:16 PM
my dad pulled one of mine with a pair of needle nose pliers

kristac
04-19-2011, 04:22 PM
DS1 had two adult teeth come in behind hid baby teeth. The baby teeth would not budge! We thought we were going to have to get them pulled, then they finally became loose but still stuck around forever. They finally came out when DS crashed full speed into the pantry door while riding his baby brother's truck around the house.

boolady
04-19-2011, 04:32 PM
I lost my first tooth when my sister yanked the Fisher Price thermometer out of my mouth. My tooth had been loose, and when she yanked the thermometer out, it literally went flying across the living room.