PDA

View Full Version : Rio in 3D

Purple18
04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Has anyone seen Rio in 3D? How is it? How do the 3D glasses work for little kids? I've never seen a 3D movie myself. TIA!

randomkid
04-18-2011, 11:05 PM
DD is 6yo and does not like to watch movies in 3D. She has watched part of a 3D movie on TV (DVD), but always ends up taking off the glasses. It seems like every kid movie coming out these days is in 3D and DD never wants to see the 3D version. I took her to Toy Story 3 with a friend and her Mom. When they were showing the previews, every single movie they previewed was in 3D. The girls were cracking us up because every time they said "In 3D!!!", they were saying "Oh, come ooonnnn!" I just think the whole 3D experience is a little too much sensory overload at this age.

Unless you KNOW your DC will be able to sit through the whole thing, I'd skip it and see the regular version. Rio is a super cute movie, BTW. Just took DD yesterday and we both really enjoyed it.

Tondi G
04-19-2011, 02:32 AM
we saw Rio tonight in 2D. We have seen our fair share of 3D movies and honestly I usually end up needing to remove the glasses for a bit to give my eyes a break. DS2 os almost 6 and he usually lasts about 30 minutes or so and then he takes the glasses off. I am so tired of paying an additional $3.50 per person too.

Rio was great in 2D. Both of my boys enjoyed it (as did my 2 nieces).

calv
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
mind if hijack? what is Rio about? torn about seeing Rio or Hop. Not sure how boring the
non-animated part of hop will be.

Thx

ABO Mama
04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
We saw Rio 2D yesterday, and my 7yo DS loved it!

deborah_r
04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
We've sworn off the 3D movies too. It just doesn't seem worth it. My 7 year old will keep his glasses on though and doesn't have trouble watching it (just adding to the pool of info for you to decide). It's my 3 year old who won't keep the glasses on, so then I've paid like $12-$15 for him to watch a blurry movie.

cindys
04-19-2011, 02:13 PM
I took my 5yr old and 4yr old nephew to see it in 3D and they LOVED it.....

Both boys kept their glasses on....

I thought it was the cutest movie...Very colorful and lots of fun music...

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 5 & 2 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

KDsMommy
04-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I took my 3.5 yo DS to see Rio in 3D and we both LOVED it! It was his first 3D movied and he did great.

Rio is definitely a must-see, it is MUCH better than Hop IMO.

Pinky
04-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I haven't been to a 3D movie with a kiddo but I can barely watch them (depending on how intense the effects are). They make me motion sick and I feel like my eyes are really strained during the whole movie. I can imagine it bothering sensitive kiddos.