PDA

View Full Version : Oh, my aching back!

mjhom
04-19-2011, 11:04 AM
My lower back has been aching (23 weeks, 2nd baby) so I've decided to give in & buy a support belt. Whew, there are a ton of different ones out there. I don't really want to invest a lot of money (around $20), but i want something that will work.

Went to Motherhood Maternity & she steered me away from the mini cradle ($18) because she said it bunches up. She showed me the Loving Care support belt which happens to be around $40. And of course, they are not returnable once you walk out the store with them. :)

My question(s)- for those of you who had lower back aching,
* Did the mini cradle work for you?
* Is it effective compared to the Loving care support?
* Could you keep it on when you use the restroom (do this about 20 times a day!)
* Is it comfortable? How about during the (hot) summer, still comfy?

Yup, I tried both of them on... they felt great for the 10 minutes I had it on, but I'd like to know your experiences... or are there others that are easy to use, work for lower back pain & aren't too expensive (saw some that were $50- too much for me)?

drwg21
04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I had the Loving Comfort for my previous 2 pregnancies and will pull it out again soon for this one (I am 22 wks). It helped a lot - i am an event planner and on my feet a lot at work and of course at home with little kids - it does get hot wearing in the summertime, but I am in AC most of the time anyways - no problems using the restroom.

I see Amazon has Loving Comfort for $21.99 online now, which is a great deal. I think I paid $30ish about 6 years ago.

Good luck!

MacMacMoo
04-19-2011, 12:37 PM
The one I got insurance paid for. I whined last time to my OB and she said it was just part of being pregnant. I whined this time, same OB, and she wrote me a script for one. It's called Mother-to-be maternity support. I take it off most time I go to the bathroom, but as long as you don't get your underwear and pants caught under it you should be able to keep it on when you go potty.