PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a Frontier?

cucaw30
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I need some advice. DS2 is finally moving on up to a convertible. I bought 3 roundabout 55s for him months ago (2 during the strollers.com deal and 1 from amazon with my 10% amazon Mom coupon in the fall).

We are planning on having a third child in the next year or two and will need to fit 3 carseats across. DS1 has a Blvd, a roundabout 50 and a marathon in 3 different cars. The Blvd is in an equinox, the marathon is in my parents' SUV, and the roundabout is in a saab 93. The Blvd is huge and DH is convinced that there is no way that 3 carseats will fit across with that in the mix. I am debating returning one of the roundabouts (the 1 from amazon with the free 365 day returns) and buying DS1 a frontier instead. If I do that, both DSs would ride in roundabouts in the saab and DS1 would ride in the frontier and DS2 would ride in the Blvd in the equinox. Do you think this is a good idea? The other idea I had was to keep all 3 roundabout 55s and just get DS1 a booster when he is 4-5, but by then, we will probably have another. I am also okay with selling the blvd, need be, when we have #3.

Does anyone have any experience with 3 carseats across and what works best? We just bought the equinox in the fall so we're basically stuck with that car for a while. The saab is old and will need to be replaced at some point -- I love that car though so it will be hard to get something else.

Thanks!!

lorinick
04-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Ok I may have missed it but how old is your ds1. And the BV is the same shell size as the MA and RA55. So it will take up the same amout of room to install. The car you are talking about is the new body type?

I was able to do 3 across in a Saturn VUE 2004 at the time it was a BV, snugride and turbo booster.

Also just got a Frontier and I don't have the exact dimensions for the Frontier but it seems to take up the same amount of space as does the BV and MA I have.

cucaw30
04-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Ok I may have missed it but how old is your ds1. And the BV is the same shell size as the MA and RA55. So it will take up the same amout of room to install. The car you are talking about is the new body type?

I was able to do 3 across in a Saturn VUE 2004 at the time it was a BV, snugride and turbo booster.

Also just got a Frontier and I don't have the exact dimensions for the Frontier but it seems to take up the same amount of space as does the BV and MA I have.

Sorry. DS1 turned 3 in January. The equniox is the new body type. How do you like the frontier?

lorinick
04-20-2011, 10:52 PM
I really love the Frontier. It seems really comfy and like the recline it has.

KrisM
04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Doing 3 across is funny. It's not just about how big the seats are, but how they fit next to each other. I've had quite a few combinations of 3-across in a Malibu and most involve a Boulevard :). The old-style Boulevard puzzles really well with a Radian.

cucaw30
04-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Doing 3 across is funny. It's not just about how big the seats are, but how they fit next to each other. I've had quite a few combinations of 3-across in a Malibu and most involve a Boulevard :). The old-style Boulevard puzzles really well with a Radian.

Thanks. We were thinking of getting a Malibu when our saab dies. How do you like it?

KrisM
04-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks. We were thinking of getting a Malibu when our saab dies. How do you like it?

We have a 2004 Malibu Maxx and love it. I found it pretty easy to get kids in and out and getting 3 in worked for most combinations. I do think we'll run into problems next year though. We'll have 2 Boulevards expire and DD will be almost 6. I do not think I can get 2 boosters and 1 convertible in there. But, at this point, it's pretty rare that all 3 kids are in that car.

I LOVE the hatchback option. I it holds so much when the seats are down. We added a roof top carrier (Yakima) for vacations, but could do short weekends in the Malibu with 5 of us without packing problems. We couldn't get to NH for 10 days though, although part of that is we bring a double stoller :rotflmao:.

Nooknookmom
04-23-2011, 01:22 PM
We have a 2004 Malibu Maxx and love it. I found it pretty easy to get kids in and out and getting 3 in worked for most combinations. I do think we'll run into problems next year though. We'll have 2 Boulevards expire and DD will be almost 6. I do not think I can get 2 boosters and 1 convertible in there. But, at this point, it's pretty rare that all 3 kids are in that car.

I LOVE the hatchback option. I it holds so much when the seats are down. We added a roof top carrier (Yakima) for vacations, but could do short weekends in the Malibu with 5 of us without packing problems. We couldn't get to NH for 10 days though, although part of that is we bring a double stoller :rotflmao:.

We rented a Malibu Maxx in Chicago once. LOVED it. It held all of us & all of our necessary gear!

cucaw30
04-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the advice. Apparently, the 2013 Malibu will get 38 mpg! If we can just hold out that long . . .