PDA

View Full Version : Rfing Question in RA50 - Crotch Buckle Position Issue

Kindra178
04-19-2011, 03:30 PM
I guess in the newer Britax carseats the crotch buckle has three positions. The crotch buckle cannot be under the child when rearfacing yet the crotch buckle may not be in position #3 when rearfacing? Can anyone address this? On one of my boards, a poster said she called Britax and Britax said a 19 month old MUST be forward facing because the buckle cannot be under the child. Can anyone address this? I hope I am making sense.

YouAreTheFocus
04-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Idk the definitive answer to your question, but my 18 mos old is rfing in a new Blvd, and the crotch buckle is definitely under him. And his seat was intalled by a tech (not that all techs do everything perfect, but still....).

I hope someone else chimes in, b/c now I am concerned, too!

Joolsplus2
04-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Page 16... http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/user-guides/73.pdf

I think there's a large gray area when it comes to what is 'underneath' the child...I think they mean the buckle shouldn't be way down there, but if the strap is, it's ok. And then you want to make sure that the seatbelt or LATCH belt isn't pushing the buckle down because it's improperly routed, that WOULD cause things to be pretty much underneath the child.
See how the belt is, here? http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/joolstag/?action=view&current=DCP00309.jpg If it were in front of the buckle, it would be pushing it way down. That may not be the problem for this mama, but it's something to mention, anyway.

ssand23
04-28-2011, 10:05 PM
I had the exact same question/problem. My youngest is 15 months but almost 30 lbs & is 36 inches. He's not a little guy. He also wears cloth diapers so his already big bottom is extra big. ;) We have a Roundabout 50 & I wasn't sure what to do.

Right now I just have him rear facing, with the buckle in slot #2 & it's about 75% under his bottom. I wasn't sure is it safer to have him rear face with the buckle under his butt or facing forward with the buckle in the 3rd slot. My gut says keep him rear facing with the #2 slot but I probably should call Britax to ask.