PDA

View Full Version : Nextdirect.com?

crl
04-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I think I am going to place a nextdirect.com order for dd, age one.

They have several pairs of denim capris, which are perfect for dd's short legs.

http://search.nextdirect.com/shop/att433a2/1/gatt2/4/cat/433/cat/440/0?x=1&nxti=0&nxtv=000&lang=en&country=us&curr=USD

And this pair of rain boots looks like it will work okay with her hand down raincoat from ds. . . . And at a reasonable price considering she will outgrow them so fast.

http://www.nextdirect.com/us/en/shopping/girls/youngergirls/64/14?pid=351142&curr=usd&lang=en&country=us&curr=USD&returnurl=%2fshop%2fgatt2%2f4%2fcat%2f447%2f0%3fnx ti%3d0%26nxtv%3d000%26isort%3dbst%26curr%3dUSD%26c ountry%3dus%26lang%3den&bct=%26quot%3bShop%20By%20Product%26quot%3b%26nbsp %3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bYounger%20Girls%26nbsp%3b%26g t%3b%26nbsp%3bWellies

And their socks look like a decent price.

http://search.nextdirect.com/shop/gatt2/4/cat/472/0?curr=USD&country=us&lang=en&nxti=0&nxtv=000#LID=01_02_03_02_03

I might also get a hoodie or a couple of tshirts.

It looked to me from previous threads lime things run small? Any ordering advice or coupons?

Thanks!
Catherine

pakin
04-19-2011, 07:18 PM
My catalog came with 3 coupon codes for $10 off & free shipping. The coupon expires in July. If you want a code, I'll PM you. I never order from them before so I can't help you with sizing.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

crl
04-19-2011, 08:02 PM
My catalog came with 3 coupon codes for $10 off & free shipping. The coupon expires in July. If you want a code, I'll PM you. I never order from them before so I can't help you with sizing.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

I would LOVE a code. Thank you!

Catherine

crl
04-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks to Pakin for the code! I ordered two pairs of the scarf tie capris, one size bigger than most of what dd is wearing, the dot wellies and two five packs of socks.

Catherine

BabyBearsMom
04-20-2011, 08:40 AM
I love love love NextDirect. I just ordered DD the Denim Bow Pocket Capri Trousers (she is wearing them today, in fact!) and she has the Chambray Bow Pocket Cropped Trousers (she wore them yesterday). Their clothes are fantastic! I haven't bought shoes and socks, but the cotton shirts are really nice and soft and the outfits are ADORABLE. Plus I love that DD isn't wearing the same Carter's jumper as every other kid at daycare (not to diss Carters, they are nice, well priced durable clothes, I just like that DD looks a little unique).

I think that they run similarly sized to a Baby Gap/Old Navy sizing. DD is very large (she is the 90th percentile for height and weight) and she fits with some room in the size 1 to 1 and 1/2 at Next (i.e. we could do the 18 to 24 months now, but they wouldn't fit her for much longer, so I sized up hoping she can wear these through most of the summer). To give you perspective, she is growing out of size 18 months Carters, and comfortably wears an 18-24 months for Gap. The Capri's run a little long though. They fall about 2 or 3 inches above her ankle.

If you are ordering pants, I would really recommend their t-shirts. So soft and so cute.

crl
04-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear you like their stuff! I wanted the chambray cropped trousers but they were out of stock in the 1 1/2 to 2 years size, which is what I guessed. Sounds like I may have guessed too big though. . . . .

I didn't get any t-shirts because I went through my pile and realized we have quite a bit from CL purchases. But they are cute so it is good to know they are nice for future reference!

Catherine

BabyBearsMom
04-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I have a couple of pairs of the 1.5 to 2 size pants but they are enormous on DD (and like I said, she is no dainty baby). I am hoping that they will fit in August/September. If you want, when I get home from work tonight, I can take pictures of the different sizes next to some standard Carters or Old Navy stuff and PM them to you. Let me know.

crl
04-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I have a couple of pairs of the 1.5 to 2 size pants but they are enormous on DD (and like I said, she is no dainty baby). I am hoping that they will fit in August/September. If you want, when I get home from work tonight, I can take pictures of the different sizes next to some standard Carters or Old Navy stuff and PM them to you. Let me know.

You are so sweet. That's okay. I'll just wait for my order. If I got the size wrong, I'll probably just save them and maybe reorder some smaller ones. DD is actually fitting into some 24 month Children's Place denim capris, but they are a bit big and I think TCP runs small. So I probably guessed wrong. Oh well.

Catherine

crl
04-23-2011, 12:05 PM
My order came--very cute. I think the capris are actually a bit bigger than Old Navy (held them up to an Old Navy pair). They do have an adjustable waist so we'll how they fit after I get them washed.

Thanks again for the code!

Catherine

michellerw
04-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Wait, when did NEXT become available in the US and how did I not know this?

crl
04-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Wait, when did NEXT become available in the US and how did I not know this?

I got a catalog a while ago and had to come here to search of course. ;)

Catherine

AnnieW625
04-29-2011, 12:54 AM
how is the quality of the line? I got a catalog a few weeks ago and thought the stuff was cute, but haven't ordered (and honestly really don't need too!)

BabyBearsMom
04-29-2011, 09:41 AM
how is the quality of the line? I got a catalog a few weeks ago and thought the stuff was cute, but haven't ordered (and honestly really don't need too!)

I think the quality is pretty decent for the stuff I ordered. The t-shirts are really soft (much nicer than Old Navy IMO). They definitely aren't HA or Boden quality, but they are also less than 1/2 the price. The stuff that I have bought for DD has been washed 4 or 5 times already and it is all holding up nicely. No strings, no pilling, no fading. The stuff is really cute and has a more special look than most of the similarly priced US options IMO.

crl
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM

I got denim capris and socks. They seem nice to me, meaning the material feels nice and there aren't any obvious flaws, but we just got them so I can't really say.

Catherine