PDA

View Full Version : Need the smallest, lightest diaper bag ever

MomToOne
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
What is the smallest diaper bag you've used that you can recommend? All I need to bring out these days is a change of clothes, snack, sippy and cell phone. Suggestions?

mrspeachykeen
04-19-2011, 09:47 PM
I just use a bigger purse now and not a fully diaper bag.

MomToOne
04-19-2011, 09:53 PM
I realized after I posted that I should have clarified that I do realize I could just use a regular bag at this point but I am kind of a diaper bag geek and feel like doing some online window shopping!

WatchingThemGrow
04-19-2011, 09:55 PM
LE little tripper is our compact one that DH will carry when he needs to.

mezzona
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
how about jujube be light?

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/belight_inside.html

mackmama
04-19-2011, 10:55 PM
JJB mini-be?

crl
04-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Overland Donner. Not exactly a diaper bag, but that is how I use it. Also, mine is several years old and I think they have changed the material.

Catherine

keh602
04-20-2011, 12:29 AM
I have three Ju-Ju-Be Lights, and I love love love them!! I use Be Quicks in them for clothes/diapers/etc and a Be Mine for my wallet, and they are awesome. I figure I'll get lots of use out of them even once I'm done carrying kid stuff.

elektra
04-20-2011, 01:09 AM
One of the smaller LeSportSacs. Can't get much lighter than those.

DebbieJ
04-20-2011, 03:24 AM
The freebie from the hospital would be perfect for you. The one I got is a black sling bag and it's very light.

Momto1
04-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Another vote for the JJB BeLight. Love mine.

I'm looking into the LeSportsac bags right now, but the one I'm wanting to get wouldn't hold a sippy or diapers.

lhafer
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Sounds like all you need is a saddle bag to go on your stroller!

crl
04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Love my saddlebags, but no shoulder strap, FYI. Also may be too small for a change of clothes, plus diaper and wipes.

Catherine

lhafer
04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Love my saddlebags, but no shoulder strap, FYI. Also may be too small for a change of clothes, plus diaper and wipes.

Catherine

Nope, it's not. I have had a change of clothes (actually 2 changes - one for my 1yr old and 1 for my 5 year old), a wipes case, 3 size 3 diapers, and hand sanitizer in there. Those were in the main pockets. That doesn't even include what could go in the zippered pocket - phone, keys, etc.

When we were at Disney - this is what I used to carry the extra change of clothes for the girls + ponchos for the whole family.

crl
04-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Nope, it's not. I have had a change of clothes (actually 2 changes - one for my 1yr old and 1 for my 5 year old), a wipes case, 3 size 3 diapers, and hand sanitizer in there. Those were in the main pockets. That doesn't even include what could go in the zippered pocket - phone, keys, etc.

When we were at Disney - this is what I used to carry the extra change of clothes for the girls + ponchos for the whole family.

Wow, you must be a better packer than I am! I keep one of mine on the stroller with a cloth diaper (to wipe up drool/spills), two diapers, a small pack of wipes and a knot it bag dispenser and it seems pretty full to me.

Catherine

bubbaray
04-20-2011, 06:10 PM
One of the smaller LeSportSacs. Can't get much lighter than those.

:yeahthat:

A small LeSportSac or even a small Kipling will be your lightest option.

For a dedicated diaper bag (but not as lightweight), I would choose either the LE LT or the Overland Donner (though I've found the workmanship of the Donner lacking).

MomToOne
04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
So many great suggestions, thank you!

I would choose either the LE LT or the Overland Donner
This is what I am thinking. I love them both! The small juju just doesn't have enough pockets to satisfy me. These both seem very organized.

Armywife1stDr2nd
04-21-2011, 02:23 PM
My vote is also for the be light. I love all the ways I can wear it and how super light it is.

happymom
04-21-2011, 02:28 PM
I dont know anything about JuJuBe's, but I have the LE Little Tripper and I really love it. I keep a couple diapers and some wipes in there on a regular basis, and generally throw in a few snacks and a sippy (in the side pocket) when I run out the door. Sometimes a change of clothes too. It is so light. And fits more than you would think, btw. So it also works well for times that you need to pack a little more.

I don't know what the other bags mentioned look like, but since you mentioned a sippy cup, I think a side pocket is a big plus so you dont have to worry about leaks. And you cant beat the quality and price of the Little Tripper! I've had mine for about a year (and I use it regularly) and it still looks brand new. Gee, I feel like an infomercial here! LOL.