PDA

View Full Version : Boys cotton 2 pc short jammies like gymmies?

mom2binsd
04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I don't love the patterns this year for gymmies or none of the ones I like are on sale, I hate paying 20.00 for a pair of summer jammies (I have a pair from last year in size 5 that will do for this summer but have no other summer jammies for him).

The TCP ones are ugly..the Hanna are two expensive, any other places (I love Carters cotton jammies but can't seem to find in larger sizes.

I love the way gymbo fit his skinny body so maybe I'll just stalk the website till they go on sale and get some size 6's, unless someone has anyother great bargains to share.

KrisM
04-19-2011, 10:26 PM
How old is he? At age 5, I think, we switched to boxers and an undershirt for bed and it's so much easier!

Gena
04-19-2011, 10:30 PM
How old is he? At age 5, I think, we switched to boxers and an undershirt for bed and it's so much easier!

:yeahthat:
This is what we do too. Easy and cheap! Plus, DS says they're just like "Daddy's jammies".

pakin
04-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Are you OK with character clothing? How about pajamas from Disney store? My skinny DS fit in them just fine.

http://www.disneystore.com/clothes/sleepwear/boys/mn/1000224+1000762/

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

SnuggleBuggles
04-19-2011, 11:00 PM
$15 for a 4pc set at Target- the Just One You brand.

Beth

mom2binsd
04-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately we've outgrown the Just One Year sizes...so sad....the Disney plain one's look ok, wondering how they fit in the waist, or quality? May try a pair.

May have to look into boxers and tshirts (he wears boxer briefs but at night wears an Underjam, don't think it's really necessary but I know as soon as he doesn't wear one he'll pee the bed even though his Underjam's have been dry for 10 months!).

bcafe
04-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Walmart has organic cotton 2piece jammies for $10 in the store.

Purple18
04-20-2011, 11:39 AM
It pains me a bit, but we buy the character jammies from Kohl's that are 100% cotton. They have a lot of superheros, lego batman, lego star wars, transformers, etc... They usually come in a two pack - two short sleeved shirts and a pair of shorts and a pair of long pants. Sometimes they have 2 short sets and in winter they have the long sleeved versions. They don't hold up well at all - they shrink, but they are popular with my son and comfortable. They are also reasonably priced after using a coupon during one of Kohl's many sales. I also hesitiate on the gymmies due to price - maybe I could justify if I knew they held up better than the ones I get from Kohl's. I've also noticed the gymmies shirts seem very short so I worry about shrinking on these too.

ETA Link: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kids/sleepwear/boy420/PRD~780373/Transformers+4pc+Pajama+Set.jsp

I usually buy with a coupon for 20% - 30% off of this sale price of $19 for 2 pair of jammies.

lchang25000
04-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Try Costco for the Kirkland organic ones. Last year HA had a sleepwear sale where all SJs were $13 a pair.

katydid1971
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
The Disney fits my very skinny DS fine but they are very thin, much thiner than gymbo. I tend to wait for a gymboree sale and buy ahead (he'll get to size 7 eventually ;)) I agree that the costco organice PJs are great. Some of DS's favorites.

mom2binsd
04-21-2011, 12:20 AM
So I have looked on just about every website and decided cute jammies are hard to find...very little selection out there. The Boden ones at Nordtrom are ok, but I wasn't impressed with DD's that faded last year, at least I know the gymbo ones hold up to all the washes.

Ugh...I really love love love summer jammies and so does DS...why why are all those Kohl's ones characters, man they are ugly....DS isn't into any superheros or Lego, he plays hockey, and loves football and likes animals/dinosaurs...of course Target had cotton sets, but with Spongebob..no way no how...

We only have a Sam's, they never have good jammies and Walmarts were only in toddler sizes. There's a Carters outlet sort of nearby, wonder if they have them???

The 19.99 gymmies are looking pretty good right now, I looked at boxers but DS really likes how the jammies bottoms fit down his thighs. Off to watch for a sale.

Ok....that's it, off to watch for a gymbo sale.

Purple18
04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Ugh...I really love love love summer jammies and so does DS...why why are all those Kohl's ones characters, man they are ugly....DS isn't into any superheros or Lego, he plays hockey, and loves football and likes animals/dinosaurs...

I totally agree. My son is Ok with the heros and legos, but would prefer lots of other options. Last winter I found long sleeved football ones at Kohl's - I was thrilled - it was a double pack, but even when my son was still in 5Ts from Carter's they had sharks and dinosaurs for summer. I hate to spend $$$ on jammies! Please Kohl's give us some options!