PDA

View Full Version : high chair for counter height table?

thelilprincess
04-20-2011, 02:01 AM
what's the best high chair(s) for counter height tables? i know most come with trays, but eventually i'd like to pull the high chair up to the table.

i am currently using a Safety 1st Snack 'N Scribble Feeding Booster which i was even if-fy about keeping (a baby shower present) and sadly i do regret not exchanging it for something on my registry. my friend said her friend highly recommended it but the big con for me on this is that the seat does not recline. so baby has a hard time even drinking out of her sippy cup because she can't lean back in it.

any recs?

amyd
04-23-2011, 07:28 PM
We had the wooden Eddie Baur (sp?) w/the tray off we pushed it right up to the counter.

geochick
04-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I'd use a hook-on highchair. Check Amazon. I wouldn't want a super tall high chair...the tipping potential is just too high.

belovedgandp
04-23-2011, 10:49 PM
I never had a high chair, just a booster on a kitchen chair. I had a First Years one that is ancient but has served me well for 7 years. It did recline and have the tray. I never used the recline feature; my kids never ate or tried sippies until 5 1/2 or 6 months so they were sitting well enough in a chair.

I do like the hook on chairs also. I use either the booster or the hook on at Grandma's taller table.