PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party invite WWYD

MommyofAmaya
04-20-2011, 04:22 PM
The party package for dd's bday only allows for 10 girls. The cost is pretty high per girl in this case and I would prefer to have all 10 spaces filled. I am considering sending emails to 10 (mostly preschool) parents to request their physical addresses to mail the paper invites if there is a possibility of their girls attending on that date... that way I can send invites to other girls if somebody has other plans. Tacky or ok?

AnnieW625
04-20-2011, 04:24 PM
I think that is fine. I sent out a save the date email and asked for their physical addresses for DD1's party and all but one girl was able to make it and her mom told me that initially.

eh613c
04-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't think it's tacky. You're paying for 10 guests so I would make sure that all 10 can make it.

BabyMine
04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I did that for the first time this year. I actually like it more than the paper ones and you don't harm the environment. I don't think it's tacky at all.

MommyofAmaya
04-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks. Sent the email and already received a response with the address of DD's VIP guest. Even if nobody else shows DD will be delighted. :D

MommyofAmaya
05-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Updating this post to NOT recommend this method. We got one NO RSVP and another mom who never responded at all to the initial email. Both of those moms contacted me within a couple days of the party to ask if their kids could go, and I had already invited other kids in their place. Add the sibling of another girl and my dd (who I had thought was free) and I ended up paying for four extra girls. It was a fun party, but ended up being way over budget.

nfowife
05-15-2011, 10:26 PM
We had a similar situation and ended up with 11 girls out of 14 I invited. It was $17 for girl #11 but I knew going into it that all might show up and I wanted to make sure we had 10. I think you need to invite just 10 if you can't go over the allotted number and then you can always try to fill the spots a few days out. I did email a reminder a few days before to the few people who hadn't rsvp'd saying I needed to know or they wouldn't be able to be accommodated.