PDA

View Full Version : **Update** First Date Tonight!

AshleyAnn
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
***Update*** Its 1:45am and I'm finally home! We had a great time! We had loads to talk about and barely had a lull in the conversation. We went to dinner at his favorite mexican restaurant and then went to the pool hall. I lost all three games but we had a ton of fun. I think I smiled all night long. :)

To those that are concerned I'm going too quickly from one relationship to another...this was just about having some fun and getting my feet wet. I don't expect him to become my next husband and I'm fairly certian he's not planning to marry me but we clicked and wanted to spend some time together. I really wasn't planning to date it just so happened I met him again and we clicked. I don't want to rush into anything but I also don't want to let life pass me by.

OP:
I have my first date ever tonight. I know it goes against BBB advice to date so quickly after DH and I decided to divorce but this guy asked me out and I really wanted to go so I said yes. DH and I have been having issues for over 2 years now and I'm just ready to move on with my life.

I've never been on a real date before - DH and I met when I was 14. So we dated in the highschool sense but not real dates. I have no idea what I'm doing or what I should wear!

I met this guy when DH and I split up the second time and added him on FB but lost touch while we were trying to make things work. Well we met a couple weeks ago while I was out with my friends and since we had great chemisty I gave him my number. We've been texting back and forth a little. We were supposed to go out last week but his house got broken in to so we canceled it.

I'm just so excited and don't know who to tell in RL so I'm telling the BBB. After many years of dealing with the ups and downs of being married to an alcoholic its just nice to be able to close that door.

eh613c
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
It's good to hear that you're moving on. I hope you have fun.

HonoluluMom
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Have fun!

catpagmo
04-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Good for you, girl! What are you doing on your date?

BabyMine
04-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Just have fun!!!

cindys
04-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Have a great time!! How exciting!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 5 & 2 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

andie16
04-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Have a great time!

calv
04-20-2011, 05:23 PM
be yourself & have a wonderful time! I hope sparks fly between the two of you ;)

bubbaray
04-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Have a GREAT TIME!

Melbel
04-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Relax (I know easier said than done) and have fun! We look forward to the post date report! :popc1:

american_mama
04-20-2011, 06:16 PM
My BIL finalized his divorce half a year ago, and has been dating a lot since then, having lots of fun. He was not social then, downright awkward in high school and beyond, but has blossomed late in life and finds himself so much more at ease on the dating scene now than he was then. One of the perks of being older is having more self-confidence and having a failed relationship means he knows better what to avoid. I hope you feel the same!

WolfpackMom
04-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Have fun!!!

AnnieW625
04-20-2011, 06:31 PM
hope you have a great time:) Can't wait for that date report either.

Kitten007
04-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Ditto on you having a great time! Congrats mama!!!

g-mama
04-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Just relax and have fun.

You mentioned in another thread that you had two "booty calls" with your dh just last week. I'd be careful about getting into a new relationship so quickly and possibly bringing a new guy into a sticky situation he's not aware of.

pinkmomagain
04-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Have a good time and let us know how it goes!

Lovingliv
04-20-2011, 08:09 PM
This is what I was thinking. Doesn't sound like you are ready to be dating. From other threads I remember you have just recently made some major life altering decisions. Maybe you need to take time to reflect before jumping into a relationship. Take some time to enjoy that baby girl (right....not boy?) of yours. She is truly a blessing.

Just relax and have fun.

You mentioned in another thread that you had two "booty calls" with your dh just last week. I'd be careful about getting into a new relationship so quickly and possibly bringing a new guy into a sticky situation he's not aware of.

StantonHyde
04-20-2011, 11:16 PM
It's a date right, not a relationship. Go, have fun. Nothing wrong with dating. It does take 2-3 years to get your feet really back under you after a divorce (from what I have seen). So date for fun.

kozachka
04-21-2011, 03:03 AM
I am glad you had a great time. And I think you have the right attitude (keeping things fun).

citymama
04-21-2011, 03:24 AM
How great that you had a good first date! Hope everything works out as you want it to go.

I am the world's most cautious person in matters of the heart, so take this with a pinch of salt, but here goes: if your divorce proceedings are going on, and there's any chance of your ex-DH accusing you of adultery, it could affect your alimony, custody, etc. Clearly your ex still has feelings for you and knowing you are dating again could change how friendly or unfriendly he is during the divorce negotiations. I am not a divorce lawyer nor do I have any BTDT experience, so as I said, take this with a pinch of salt.

I think it's awesome you're out there meeting new people and moving ahead with your life!

TwinFoxes
04-21-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm glad you had fun. Sounds like a great date. :)

pinkmomagain
04-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Yay! If nothing else, it's nice to see what is "out there" and how you can feel around other men. Glad you had a good time and it sounds like you've got a good attitude.

WolfpackMom
04-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Glad you had a great time! And ITA a date is just that, a date. No one is jumping into commitment here, you should have fun and go on dates with all kinds of people and see what the world has to offer. :)

liz
04-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Good for you! Glad to hear you had a good time!

lizzywednesday
04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Good for you!

There's a lot more to getting over a relationship (especially one that's been going on as long as yours with your ex has) than just "time."

Learning how to navigate the dating world is one way to start. So glad you had fun!!!

HonoluluMom
04-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm glad you had fun!

bubbaray
04-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Woo Hoo -- Congrats! Sounds like a great time! :)