PDA

View Full Version : Did you carry your toddler while pregnant?

fedoragirl
04-20-2011, 06:39 PM
I love my Ergo and it holds my 25 lb. DD very well even though she is tall and seems to pop out of it sometimes. Anyway, I wanted to use the Ergo through a busy layover at the airport. However, I will be 22 weeks pregnant. I can always put DD on my back but is it doable. Can I feel even remotely confortable than just carrying her? *shudder*

hillview
04-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes I did and he was more like 35 lbs ....
/hillary

MommyAllison
04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Yes, I wore DD while pregnant, always on my back. I used MeiTais and just tied it under my belly. This time, I don't know if I will - I haven't worn DS for about 6 months - probably because he is older though, and I don't have the need to. In the airport, I would, absolutely. He is 35lb.

ZeeBaby
04-20-2011, 08:50 PM
I didn't wear Dd1 but I did lift her up to carry her up and down the stairs. She was only 16 mos when dd2 was born

♥ms.pacman♥
04-20-2011, 09:00 PM
i couldn't wear my DS when i was preggo with my DD, but it was more of an issue with morning sickness than anything else (any sort of pressure on my tummy made me so nauseous). when the m/s finally went away, DS was about 1yo and was not interested in being worn AT ALL (he still isn't). I tried to put him in my SleepyWrap the other day and he would not have any of it.

pb&j
04-20-2011, 09:15 PM
DS was more than 35lbs by the time DD was born. I still carried him up and down the stairs a million times per day. I carried him up the stairs about 10 min after we got home from the hospital w/DD, too.

brittone2
04-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes, and IMO barring unusual circumstances, women have been continuing their "work" as mothers, carrying water/food to their families, lifting things, etc. for thousands of years. I think it is good to listen to your body, but I felt fine carrying my older children as needed while pg.

wendibird22
04-21-2011, 03:53 PM
I carried DD1 in a Beco when she was 2yo and I was preggo with DD1.

mezzona
04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
yes, 30# dd up until i was 25 wks. i stopped only because they found i had a partial placenta previa.

fedoragirl
04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes, and IMO barring unusual circumstances, women have been continuing their "work" as mothers, carrying water/food to their families, lifting things, etc. for thousands of years. I think it is good to listen to your body, but I felt fine carrying my older children as needed while pg.

ummmm....I was referring to toddler being carried in an Ergo.

indigo99
04-22-2011, 03:40 PM
It's all related. I'm almost to the point where I'm not comfortable carrying that much extra weight at all. It's given me a couple of Braxton Hicks already, and I know that will only get worse as I get further along. Specifically with the carrier though, DS wants to walk now so he won't ride nicely. He squirms and tries to turn upside down to get to the ground. If he'd cooperate then I would probably still put him on my back sometimes.

ElspethCordelia
04-26-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm only 16.5 weeks along, but I've worn my almost 2 year old daughter in my lilleababy.