PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for a healthy/green hand soap for my pump dispenser?

gatorsmom
04-20-2011, 09:34 PM
I bought a Caldrea triple set from Target that had a nice metal basket and in the basket are countertop spray, dish soap and a hand soap pump dispenser. Well, Ive used up the hand soap and would like to refill the bottle since it fits so well into the decorative basket. I'd rather use something other than Caldrea though, because it doesnt have the greatest rating on the Skindeep database. Can I use dr Bronners castille soup or is it too thick? Can I dilute it with water to thin it out and uses it in the pump dispenser?

Any other suggestions? For our other sinks around the house, i've repurposed Method foaming soap dispensers and use liquid castille soap and water in them.

Smillow
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Can I use dr Bronners castille soup or is it too thick? Can I dilute it with water to thin it out and uses it in the pump dispenser?

I use Dr. Bronners 5 parts water:1 part soap. I have been refilling a Bath & Body works pump - so far so good.

truly scrumptious
04-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I use Dr. Bronners 5 parts water:1 part soap. I have been refilling a Bath & Body works pump - so far so good.

:yeahthat:

DrSally
04-20-2011, 10:47 PM

:yeahthat:

gatorsmom
04-20-2011, 10:48 PM

But the Caldrea pump is not a foaming pump. It's a regular old liquid soap pump. Can I still use the 5:1 water to soap ratio?

Smillow
04-20-2011, 10:57 PM
But the Caldrea pump is not a foaming pump. It's a regular old liquid soap pump. Can I still use the 5:1 water to soap ratio?

Oh! I wondered why you were asking, since you said you used method soap in other pumps.... Hmmm... I guess I would try it at the same ratio & adjust it from there... HTH!

fedoragirl
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
I've used it in a regular pump. I just shake it up every now and then to mix it up but it works just fine.