PDA

View Full Version : Help - Little Tikes 8 in 1 Climber

a2mom
04-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Anyone know where to buy this for less than $470 shipped? My husband doesn't want the faded ones from Craigslist and we've been looking for over a year for one that's in nice used condition.

It's driving me crazy that I can't find it for less than $450! Thanks in advance!

August Mom
04-21-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm not sure if you are in the Ohio/Michigan area, but Meijer used to carry this in-store. I'm not sure if it's still available there, but we got ours on sale for $200 something there.

KrisM
04-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Tell your husband that at the end of this year, your brand new one will be faded too, unless you're keeping it inside :). Really, the stuff fades so fast! You could always get the paint that works on plastic if you want to brighten it up.

keckert
04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Tell your husband that at the end of this year, your brand new one will be faded too, unless you're keeping it inside :). Really, the stuff fades so fast! You could always get the paint that works on plastic if you want to brighten it up.

Ditto. Grab one on CL and save yourself $350! You'll be able to resell it when you're done too!

mikeys_mom
04-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I have a Step 2 swingset that friends gave us for free as long as we were willing to remove it from their backyard. We are actually the third owners and it is still in great condition. Sure, it's a little faded but the kids don't notice it at all.

I have found that the Step 2 - Naturals (not sure of the exact name - the ones in more brown and muted colours) sets don't fade as quickly. We have a couple of those and they look fine even after several winters outdoors. If the fading really bothers him, maybe see if you can find one of those on CL.

After seeing how well the used ones have held up, I would really hesitate before buying a new one.