PDA

View Full Version : If you get laser hair removal...

sansdieu
04-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Do they prep the area in any way right before treatment? I bought some sessions on groupon, and the woman doesn't even use an alcohol wipe before she uses the laser on the area.

lmr1101
04-21-2011, 07:01 PM
It's been a few years since my last treatment, but if I remember correctly they gave me glasses to protect my eyes and then applied some sort of gel on the area.

happymom
04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
...they gave me glasses to protect my eyes and then applied some sort of gel on the area.

:yeahthat:. My lady puts a cool gel- I guess it kinda numbs the area against the hot laser.

mimosa
04-21-2011, 08:56 PM
...they gave me glasses to protect my eyes and then applied some sort of gel on the area.

:yeahthat: Just had my second treatment last week. She applies a thick layer of ultrasound gel. It doesn't numb or disinfect,though. I think it's more for the function of the laser.

indigo99
04-22-2011, 03:37 PM
It's been a few years since I did it, and there are different types of lasers. I arrived for my apt with a numbing gel on so she'd wipe it off and then use the (ruby?) laser - didn't apply anything extra.

weech
04-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Just had my first treatment a week or so ago and the only thing she did was give me eye protection and wipe off my deodorant (which I was not supposed to wear, anyway). At the end, she put aloe on the affected areas. Next time, I'm going to use numbing gel before hand like a PP mentioned.

sansdieu
04-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Hmmm... Mine does not use any type of gel (the laser is Cynosure, maybe it doesn't require gel?) or anything to numb the pain. It was pretty painful; I must say, a lot more than I expected.

weech
04-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Hmmm... Mine does not use any type of gel (the laser is Cynosure, maybe it doesn't require gel?) or anything to numb the pain. It was pretty painful; I must say, a lot more than I expected.

Give them a call and see if you can get a script for a numbing gel. The place I go does not provide it on-site, but I can get it in advance and apply before I arrive.