PDA

View Full Version : Kid-friendly conditioner/ detangler?

sansdieu
04-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Never used a conditioner on DD's hair, but now that we're going to the pool, AND the hair has grown longer, it seems totally fried and impossible to brush. Can you recommend a good conditioner and/or detangler, preferably unscented? DD is eczema-prone. I bought something at Whole Foods yesterday, but it was $5 for a tiny little pump.

fedoragirl
04-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I've heard CA Baby's conditioner is very good. Target has them on sale right now.

ellies mom
04-22-2011, 12:57 AM
I've heard CA Baby's conditioner is very good. Target has them on sale right now.

California Baby also sells a swimmer's shampoo and possibly conditioner.

doberbrat
04-23-2011, 03:02 PM
I like CA baby for the baby/toddler hair but once its thick & long, it wasnt 'enough' of a conditioner for my dd1. I ended up using suave on her and it does really well for her. I know its not the 'best' or at least I'm guessing its not.... I'm afraid to check the cosmetics databse for it *lol*

DietCokeLover
04-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Giovanni sells a leave in spray conditioner that I've heard good things about. I'm going to try that one when I run out of what I have.

veronica
04-23-2011, 03:38 PM
We could not do Johnson's detangler, giovanni or any califonia baby conditioners here. DD has thin but a lot of long hair and none of it was enough.

I am finally happy with Biolage Detangling solution (spendy even at Target for $16 a bottle but a little goes a long way) as her shower conditioner.

For her leave-in, I was turned onto Ojon Detangler spray. You can get a huge bottle at QVC online. I now use it too and I make it last by diluting it with water. We are still on our first large bottle and I bought it last september. It works amazing as a leave in.

sansdieu
04-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the recs; I'll be sure to try them!

MizMojoLaveau
04-28-2011, 09:07 AM
I like this leave in Gaia detangler:

http://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Natural-Baby-Conditioning-Detangler/dp/B002SFT14G/ref=sr_1_8?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1303995885&sr=1-8

I buy it at the grocery store and it is not cheap (around $10 for an 8oz. bottle). It does have a slight scent, though. This has not seemed to bother my skin sensitive DC.