PDA

View Full Version : When to start using Shampoo and Conditioner with Kids

BabyBearsMom
04-21-2011, 12:35 PM
DD is 1 yo and we use a body wash that is also a shampoo. DD's hair is coming in thicker now and I was starting to wonder if I should be using a separate shampoo. When did you start using a soap and a separate shampoo (instead of just a combo product)? When did you add a conditioner? Any recommendations on a product? We use Burt's Bees Baby Bee and have been very happy with it.

mommylamb
04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
:waving4: We still just use the shampoo/body wash stuff from Burts Bees.

TwoBees
04-21-2011, 01:09 PM
I moved to L'Oreal Kids 2-in-1 about a month ago. DD's hair is curly and it gets tangled easily, so we needed something thick.

crl
04-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Ds is seven and he still uses the CA baby body wash/shampoo. I figure if isn't broken I'm not fixing it. May help that he has short straight hair.

Catherine

maestramommy
04-21-2011, 02:12 PM
For the kids we still use Burts Bees body wash as the shampoo, although sometimes we let Dora used "big girl"" shampoo, since she is now showering herself :cheerleader1:We've been using BB conditioner for a couple of years now, since Dora's hair got so long it started getting tangled after a shower. All the girls use it though. It keeps the static down.

m448
04-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I "no poo" the kids and have done the last 2 babies since birth. Just a low chem/safe conditioner and that's what I use to wash their hair and scalp. It's wonderful for my kids with wave/curls and for the straight haired ones too.