PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - my washer just stopped mid cycle

jess_g
04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know what could be wrong? It stopped after the water gets added and it's kind of spinning back and forth. I took half the clothes out and some of the water and am trying again. I am wondering if something could be caught and I should take everything out and run an empty load? Any ideas on how to try to fix it myself? Or should I call the repair man?

Thanks, Jessica

candaceb
04-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Is it a front-loader? Mine did something like that when there was a problem with the hose that sends the water out of the washer. It was pushed too far into the pipe or something like that. The problem was covered in the troubleshooting guide, but of course when I tried following the directions to fix it, it didn't work and I had to have the service guy come out and tell me that it was an easy fix...

artvandalay
04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Are the clothes all pushed to one side? This happened a few times to ours. All the clothes were pushed to one side because something was throwing the balance off. The motor ended up dying and we just bought a new one.

elbenn
04-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Were you washing an underwire bra? My washer stopped mid-cycle one time and a wire from a bra was caught. The repairman said it happened a lot.

jess_g
04-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks, I think it's time to call the repairman. I am going to try taking everything out and see if it will work without anything in it. It's about 8 years old, so it should be fixable.

Jessica

MaiseyDog
04-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Has it gone through the agitation cycle? Mine stopped after the agitation, but wouldn't drain for the spin cycle. It turned out to be a problem with the lid switch. It was a very easy fix.

s7714
04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Mine has done that several times. I usually unplug it for a while and then it'll work perfectly again for months. Mine is a almost 15 year old top loader though, so ymmv depending on your machine.

catsnkid
04-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I had this problem with a sears kenmore front loader. It turned out to be some valve.