PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of taking a day off tomorrow

hillview
04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I am thinking of taking a day off work tomorrow. The kids are off school this week.

Should I
Take them both somewhere
Or
Take each of them somewhere solo
OR
Go to the spa (HA HA)

I am leaning toward taking them each somewhere solo for a half day. Might just be breakfast, shoe shopping and maybe the bookstore for DS2 and lunch, trip into the city on the train for DS1 or something mellow along those lines. My parents are around to watch the kids.

Any suggestions on what to do?
/hillary

YouAreTheFocus
04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
I think the half day solo with each sounds wonderful. I'm sure each kid would love to have Mommy's full attention focused on them. I don't think the activity matters--just the fact that they get one on one time with you will make it special!

crl
04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
I think the half day solo with each sounds wonderful. I'm sure each kid would love to have Mommy's full attention focused on them. I don't think the activity matters--just the fact that they get one on one time with you will make it special!

:yeahthat:

Catherine

vonfirmath
04-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Depends on your kids' personalities. Do they like doing stuff together?

It would have been torture for me, growing up, to take me and leave sister behind, then take her and leave me behind. I'd MUCH rather have done stuff together and then had the rest of the day to play together.

eh613c
04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
I like the idea of taking each kid some place....but then again, the spa sounds GOOOOOD too!

SnuggleBuggles
04-21-2011, 05:36 PM
My first thought was to tell no one of your day off and just enjoy. ;)

But, I think half a day with each kid would be fantastic! I love when ds2 has school but ds1 doesn't. We have a little routine that we perfected on those days and I look forward to them.

Beth

mommylamb
04-21-2011, 06:21 PM
whatever you do, have a wonderful time!

carolinamama
04-21-2011, 06:23 PM
I know that my kids would love to have a solo outing, especially DS1 who doesn't get alot of one-on-one time with a parent. Hoping you guys have fun no matter what you decide.