PDA

View Full Version : Not gaining weight

eh613c
04-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Anyone having a hard time gaining weight in the last 2 months? I had my OB check up last Tuesday and I'm at 36 weeks. I've only gained 1lb in the last 4 weeks. OB is getting a little worried. I eat pretty well; 3 well rounded meals and 2 snacks. Sometimes I feel like I have to force myself to eat.

Any advice? BTDT?

SnuggleBuggles
04-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Every time I got cocky like that with ds2, I'd have a huge jump the next time! :)

Beth

chottumommy
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
I am currently 35 weeks haven't gain anything significant(2 oz) in the last 2 weeks. My midwife wasn't concerned. However my belly measurement was on target. I had a week or 2 week where my weight didn't change during my last pregnancy too.

marymoo86
04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I ended up a couple of pounds the last month b/c I couldn't eat as DD was squishing my tummy. My OB didn't seem to care.

amm40
04-21-2011, 08:34 PM
I thing "normal" is a huge range. As long as you are eating reasonably well and feel good (is there such a thing in pregnancy?) I wouldn't worry about it. There will be plenty to worry about after baby comes!

AshleyAnn
04-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I did for most of my pregnancy. I also had acid reflux that caused me to throw up because my stomach was just soo squashed. I found eatting tiring and difficult. My OB kept pushing me to eat ice cream and other high calorie foods but did not stress about it as my belly was growing properly.

I gained 11lbs with my pregnancy and gave birth to a 5.5lb baby. She thrived from the beginning but my body was so malnurished that my milk was ineffective and to low fat to feed her. But I was an extreme case - throwing up 2-5 times a day everyday from 18 weeks to delivery so my body was worn out.

jjordan
04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I think it's pretty normal for weight gain to drop off during the last few weeks. It seems odd to me that your ob is concerned. What, exactly, did he/she say to indicate concern?

littlebird
04-21-2011, 10:52 PM
When pregnant with DD1, I either didn't gain weight or I lost during the last few months. My fundal height was always right on track, and my OB never was concerned. DD was 6 lbs 9 oz and healthy.

Since you're eating well, I wouldn't worry too much!

eh613c
04-21-2011, 11:16 PM
I think it's pretty normal for weight gain to drop off during the last few weeks. It seems odd to me that your ob is concerned. What, exactly, did he/she say to indicate concern?

She estimated that the baby is currently about 5lbs and she said that it's on the low side of the scale. As one PP mentioned, my OB said that my milk might not be fatty enough for the baby to thrive. I would really like to BF as long as I can.

eh613c
04-21-2011, 11:17 PM
I did for most of my pregnancy. I also had acid reflux that caused me to throw up because my stomach was just soo squashed. I found eatting tiring and difficult. My OB kept pushing me to eat ice cream and other high calorie foods but did not stress about it as my belly was growing properly.

I gained 11lbs with my pregnancy and gave birth to a 5.5lb baby. She thrived from the beginning but my body was so malnurished that my milk was ineffective and to low fat to feed her. But I was an extreme case - throwing up 2-5 times a day everyday from 18 weeks to delivery so my body was worn out.

My OB said the same thing about the milk! I can't imagine throwing up 2-5 times/day from 18 weeks to delivery. Sorry you had to go through that.