PDA

View Full Version : Gap Baby Gowns?

Sunspot
04-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Has anyone bought the gap baby gowns for newborns? We're having twins and trying to figure out how they run (up to 7 pounds) or 0-3 month choice. I'm looking at clothes I have from baby shower and most seem way to big for twins which are usually 5-7 pounds at birth. Any ideas? Thanks!

sunnyside
04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
I didn't use the gowns, but did use the whole rest of the first favorites line at Gap. My girl was 7lbs 13 oz at birth and fit in the 0-7lbs size for about 6 weeks! I would definitely get at least a few that size. You can always get more if you need them once the babies are born.

Congrats on your twins!

marymoo86
04-24-2011, 12:04 PM
DD was 7.4 at birth and 0-3 were too big. I had to go buy newborn size. She was fairlu long too at 20.5 in

twodogs
05-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I would say just buy one or two because many babies (mine included) want to be swaddled, not sleep in a loose gown when they are that young. I remember vividly the first night home with our first daughter, while she cried and flailed around in a gown. We madly read the Baby 411 book at 2AM to decide if it was ok to wrap her in a blanket like they had at the hospital (they always say NO blankets in the crib, but did the swaddle blanket count as a "blanket" or was it ok??? ah first time mommy-hood). She loved the swaddle and slept in a Miracle Blanket (with just a onesie or diaper under) until 8 months. My other daughter was the same way.

lowrioh
05-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't buy recommend gowns either. I had the idea that they would make diaper changes easier etc but I only used them once or twice with DD1 and I didn't even bother to take them out for DD2.
I would spend the money on a good swaddling wrap like a Miracle Blanket or the SwaddleMe ones. Both my girls loved to be swaddled. DD1 was born in July so we just put her in the swaddle in a onsie. DD2 was born in Nov so we put her in a lightweight sleeper and the swaddle.
(regular receiving blankets also work well but for those first few sleep deprived weeks I found the swaddle blankets worth the investment.)

theriviera
05-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I love the gowns and use them under a swaddling blanket. I just think they make middle of the night diaper changes so much easier!