PDA

View Full Version : She should know better

HIU8
04-21-2011, 09:24 PM
A friend just posted pics of her twins on facebook. Both riding FF (and they could easily still be RF) and chest clips clearly at just above belly button level. Plus they are in coats all bunched up under the harness. I have gently said stuff before. Fell on deaf ears. Oh well.

carolinamama
04-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I have gotten to the point where this type of carseat riding is the norm in my life (NOT in my car by my children but by others that I see). When I see a baby or child buckled tightly, without a coat, and the chestclip up at the armpits, I am almost shocked. Really sad but I don't say much anymore since I haven't found it to do much good, unfortunately.

HIU8
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I know. It just saddens me that she posts and is proud of her misuse.

WolfpackMom
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM
You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.

After the changes in recommendations by the APA and NHTSA I posted lots on FB and had a friend respond interested and asked me to send her info etc etc and I did and she sounded so shocked and upset that she had her DS FF. Was totally gun ho about flipping him back RF (he is 18 MO) and then this weekend she posted a pic of him on FB from their 6 hour car drive FF with the buckle low and his head flopped over sleeping.

Totally agree with Carolinamama, something in the water around here prohibits proper car seat use by the masses....

Joolsplus2
04-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Sigh. I try not to look.

The only place I see fairly decent use is in the parking lot of the BRU where I work, and spend hours telling people where chest clips should go and that top tethers should be used and that convertible seats actually can be used rearfacing (though, I did see an RF toddler at the CVS once, DH was impressed, but all I could see was that the seat was mega super overreclined...)

AnnieW625
04-22-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't let that stuff bother me anymore, sure people could always do better, but honestly I am just happy when I see a child in a car seat and not a low back booster between the ages of 3 and 6. I am looking forward to next Friday when I change my Facebook profile picture, and description to a photo of DD2 still rear facing (she'll officially be a 1 yr. old) and I am going to link Car-seat.org, and NHTSA.