PDA

View Full Version : Glass Bottle Users?

Bens Momma
04-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Along with BF I'm planning on using the Evenflo glass bottles for this baby. I was an Avent user with my first 2 so I don't have experience using glass. For those that have BTDT, did you use sleeves on your bottles? Should I get bottles with sleeves included or try the bottle without first (ie. are they a must?)

Thanks for advice-
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:
and another Jumping Bean appearing before Halloween!

crl
04-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I used glass with dd. I did not use the sleeves. But I did switch to stainless steel when she started wanting to hold her own bottle.

Catherine

FTMLuc
04-22-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't use sleeves, but am thining baout getting them for the time when DD starts to hold her own bottle.

LadyPeter
04-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Same here. We love our Evenflo glass bottles (we had plastic but got rid of them for glass), but we don't use the sleeves. I may buy some if DS seems to need them, later on.

brgnmom
04-22-2011, 06:09 PM
We use Evenflo glass bottles and the Born free glass bottles for DD, and do not use the sleeves for any of the glass bottles. I've accidentally dropped one of the Evenflo glass bottles in our place (w/ carpets) and it did not break. The Evenflo glass bottles are particularly sturdy.

Purple18
04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
We used the Born Free glass bottles with DS2 and I had the sleeves for daycare, travel and when he began holding his own bottle (easier to grip). I would get a couple and see what you use them for before buying a ton of them.

AnnieW625
04-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Another fan of Evenflo glass but we didn't use the sleeves either. If it matters any my mom used them exclusively with us three kids well into toddlerhood. My sister is 10 yrs. younger than me and I don't remember very many broken bottles. We used Avent too, but now use Playtex Drop Ins.

LadyPeter
04-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh, yeah. Even without sleeves, ours have survived numerous flings onto the (uncarpeted) floor, and even falling off the top of the car onto the driveway when someone (Mommy) left them up there.