PDA

View Full Version : Maestro...how long will it fit her

lowrioh
04-25-2011, 11:51 AM
DD1 is a big girl...nearly 40 pounds and 38" tall already. She is FF in a Radian 80 in our main car and it looks like it will last her a while....or at least until DD2 needs it. DD1 is in a Scenera in our second car but once DD2 grows out of her Snugride she will move into the Scenera RF and I will need to get DD2 a new seat.

Ideally I'd like a seat that will fit her until she doesn't need a high back booster any more. This is in a car that she will ride in ~1 week for short trips around town. Will the Maestro fit the bill or should I look at something else?
I really don't want to spend a lot of $$ but if there is another option that would get me through her car seat days I would consider it.

Joolsplus2
04-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Maestro should last harnessed to 5-6 and booster to 7ish, I'd think, and in a newer car with curtain airbags, going backless at that age is fine, so I'd think the Maestro should fit the bill. Nautilus or Frontier make taller highbacks, if you want to go that route, but then again, Maestro+Turbo=less than either one of those :)

lowrioh
04-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks so much! It's in a Mazda 6 wagon and it has curtain airbags so I think it will work out great.