PDA

View Full Version : The Return of AF

BallerinaMommy
04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
I got AF last month at 7 months postpartum. I am still nursing a bit and was wondering how long it takes for you to return to a normal cycle? Can I expect it to be a bit irregular until I am done nursing? Just curious to know whether or not I need to be "worried" if I'm late!

swissair81
05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
I am usually not regular right away when I get my first pp AF. I get it one month (which varies- I've gotten mine back at 7, 8, 11, and 8 months pp respectively) and then I don't get it for a month or two. I've gotten pregnant twice this way because I assume that I'm irregular. So don't be worried, but definitely make sure that you have prevention in place if you want it, and test if you think you have symptoms. I don't know how long the irregularity would go on if I didn't get pregnant, I'm assuming it would go on as long as I'm nursing.

waitingforgrace
05-08-2011, 09:32 AM
I was irregular the rest of the time while nursing and beyond that too. Still waiting to be regular again and I've been done nursing for 3 months.

AmyRainier
05-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi -
My story is a bit strange. AF showed EXACTLY 9 months (to my son's birthday) after he was born. I found it strange that it took the amount of time a baby gestates, then showed up the same date DS was born.

I only nursed for an additional month because baby started biting, but my period was very light.

swissair81
05-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi -
My story is a bit strange. AF showed EXACTLY 9 months (to my son's birthday) after he was born. I found it strange that it took the amount of time a baby gestates, then showed up the same date DS was born.

I only nursed for an additional month because baby started biting, but my period was very light.

Usually when they are very light, it's an anovulatory cycle. Mine was something like 8 days long. I'm on the mini-pill now, and I'm hoping it's actually going to work for me.