PDA

View Full Version : Boys Bedding

secchick
04-26-2011, 04:59 PM
I am looking for big boy bedding for DSs new big boy room. Can anyone throw out any suggestions for good places to look? I am not huge into sports themes or characters and have already checked out Land of Nod, PBK and Company Kids? Does anyone else know of any comparable places to check out?

Thanks!

Purple18
04-26-2011, 08:28 PM
We have something very similar (older version?) of this from PBK. I know you said you looked there already, but I do love their quality.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/navy-varsity-stripe-duvet-cover/?pkey=dboys-duvet-covers

We mix up our sheets from various places and ours has red trim so for now we have some Spiderman accents, but I bought it so we wouldn't be stuck in a certain age timeframe. I do love the quality of the PBK duvet - washes up well. My boys share a bedroom so when I saw this and how there is also a version in blue, red and brown, I was bummed since it's a bit more individualized and my boys have the same duvet now.

alexmommy
04-26-2011, 08:46 PM
We recently got this truck set for DS's big boy bed. I like that it isn't a character theme.

http://www.target.com/dp/B003FLK0NS/ref=sc_fe_l_3_49535011_30

It's not fancy at all, but I'll wait and get him better quality stuff after he is potty-trained! Besides, he loves anything with wheels.

hellokitty
04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Homegoods/Marshalls/TJMaxx carry some really cute boy quilts and sets. I always just buy plain sheets (you will appreciate this when they pee the bed) and then just get cute shams, quilts and duvets. I have several sets of pale blue and navy blue sheets and pretty much all the decorative stuff I've gotten has matched those sheets just fine.

KrisM
04-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I buy whatever sheets they want, since sheets aren't too expensive. We've had Thomas, Scooby Doo, and now dinosaurs. But, I went with a generic quilt to last a long time.

This is DS2's: http://www.target.com/Circo-Color-Block-Quilt-Set/dp/B0013TK3TA/ref=br_1_29?ie=UTF8&id=Circo%20Color%20Block%20Quilt%20Set&node=682620011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-29&qid=1303868587&rh=&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Cnumber_of_pieces%2Cpattern_name-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1

DS1 has something similar from JCPenney a few years ago.

hillview
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Ikea has some cute non commercial options (we've had good luck with their quality and comfort as well). I also love the LON bedspread we got ages ago
/hillary

WolfpackMom
04-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Homegoods has some adorable whale themed stuff right now and some plaid sets as well that are comprable to PB style. I like the whale one so much Im a little mad at myself for buying a PB one for $15 at a consignment sale.

jenstring95
05-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Maybe try Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond or Amazon?

Kindra178
05-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Macy's (Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger) or Overstock.com.

jvs195
05-09-2011, 11:10 AM
DS (6) has 2 duvet covers - one from PBK (fish) and one from Garnet Hill (aliens). I use solid color sheets (Nautica, Tommy Hilfiger and PBK are all nice quality, last and feel soft) Second Homegoods/Marshalls and BBB and/or Macy's when they have closeouts and a coupon.

I spent the night at a friends house once on character sheets and they were so uncomfortable I refuse to do it to my kids. Sheets are something I don't mind spending a little more on since we spend so much time on them.

secchick
05-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I finally picked something aout at Macy's that was on sale, plus it was during Friends and Family. I received it yesterday and it's definitely a keeper and I like it better in person than in the pictures.

Here's what I got (Minus the denim pieces and too many decorative pillows for my taste).

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=525863&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results