PDA

View Full Version : daycare attire

marymoo86
04-27-2011, 11:52 AM
DD is quickly approaching 6 mos and I have greatly enjoyed sending her off in her Hannah zippers and sleep n plays. When should I stop being lazy :) and dress her in outfits?

wellyes
04-27-2011, 12:08 PM
When she's old enough to care. So age 2.5 or so? :)

Seriously, sending them in outfits is not on my radar screen for the first year at least.

AnnieW625
04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
My DD2 sometimes wears her jammies through at least lunch at daycare (I can usually tell by what is on the jammies when I take them out of her bag). I don't care at all. Onesies and jeans or leggings were DD1's wardrobe as were rompers or the Carters polo shirt dresses the year she was 1 in the summer (and they will be DD2's as well).

catsnkid
04-28-2011, 09:09 AM
DS started daycare at 3 months and I usually sent him in one piece outfits (rompers) or pants and a onesie and socks.

LD92599
04-28-2011, 09:11 AM
DS started daycare at 3 months and I usually sent him in one piece outfits (rompers) or pants and a onesie and socks.

:yeahthat:

I've never taken him to daycare in his PJs! I need to get into summer mode though and put away the long sleeved stuff.

MoJo
04-28-2011, 09:29 AM
If you are enjoying it, and DD is comfortable, I can't think of any reason to stop.

My daycare provider mentioned up front that PJs are OK. Even at 10 1/2 months, my DD#2 spends up to 1/3 of her hours at daycare sleeping. And DD#1, who is almost 3, decides herself what she wants to wear. . . and sometimes, that's PJs. I just make sure to send something else in case she changes her mind later in the day.

sunnyside
04-28-2011, 09:56 PM
My little girl started going to day care last week at a little school (Goddard). I really enjoy dressing her and felt like she should wear PJs at night and outfits during the day, so I do dress her for school. She has mainly worn simple onesie/pants outfits or one piece outfits. I do it because I enjoy it, and it feels right for me. But nearly all the other babies are in jammies. You should do whatever you like! I would probably put her in fresh clothes for the day and not have her stay in what she slept in, but besides that, I don't see why she can't just wear jammies.

Nooknookmom
04-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Not a thing wrong with jammies!!! All of the babies that came to our house, Mom ran a daycare, came in them.

I'm not a fan of dragging a little one out of bed, putting them in fancy clothes, just to go to the sitter. I never did, DD1 always went in her warm jam-jams.

DD2 has to get up early to go take DD1 to school and most of the time it's in her jammies OR she will "dress" in leggins & a tee and sleep in it the night b4.

ncat
05-01-2011, 06:54 AM
We stopped dressing both DCs in PJs all day when they started eating solid food and getting messy.

scriptkitten
05-01-2011, 08:16 AM
its a personal preference. i put my twins in pants/tops/outfits during the day as soon as they got home from the hospital.