PDA

View Full Version : best time to buy kitchen countertops?

ThreeofUs
04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Is there a best time to buy kitchen countertops? I'm saving up to replace ours - 63 sf minimum - and don't know when I should target buying.

hellokitty
04-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Do you mean, best time in the re-modeling process or if there is a season where they discount countertops? If you want to get high end (granite/quartz) counter tops, they basically never go on sale. In the remodeling process, the countertops should go in close to last.

ThreeofUs
04-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Do you mean, best time in the re-modeling process or if there is a season where they discount countertops? If you want to get high end (granite/quartz) counter tops, they basically never go on sale. In the remodeling process, the countertops should go in close to last.

Oh, dang. I was wondering if there were a time of year that the countertops (like granite and quartz) go on sale. I know they do at Lowe's and Costco, but don't know when....

kristenk
04-27-2011, 01:58 PM
I think that Lowe's and HD sometimes offer different incentives with countertop purchase. Like either a certain $$$ amount off if you purchase x amount or free sink with purchase or an upgraded countertop edge. You might want to go ahead and decide what you want and then periodically check on the price. If you're just replacing the countertop (and not doing a major kitchen remodel with cabinet replacement) then you have more flexibility. A kitchen designer from Lowe's told me that they don't know what the next discount/offer is going to be until the old one expires. Don't know if that's true, but I tend to believe it.

ThreeofUs
04-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I think that Lowe's and HD sometimes offer different incentives with countertop purchase. Like either a certain $$$ amount off if you purchase x amount or free sink with purchase or an upgraded countertop edge. You might want to go ahead and decide what you want and then periodically check on the price. If you're just replacing the countertop (and not doing a major kitchen remodel with cabinet replacement) then you have more flexibility. A kitchen designer from Lowe's told me that they don't know what the next discount/offer is going to be until the old one expires. Don't know if that's true, but I tend to believe it.

This is a great idea. I know pretty much what I want, so I can just keep checking. Thanks!