PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend your lightweight vacuum for daily use

Purple18
04-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi. I need a lightweight vaccuum for the daily crumbs, sand, etc. that are all over my hardwood floors. I have a central vac, which I love for the carpet and for vacuuming before washing the floors, but I need something that I can pull out fast to get the job done - I need good power and I'm OK with a plug in or a rechargable. Right now I have a rechargable stick vac that you can also use as a handheld. I like the concept, but the power is just not enough - probably need a plug in for better power? What do you all use - I'm hoping you won't all tell me you use a broom and dustpan - I hate sweeping. :)

WatchingThemGrow
04-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Do you have the option of installing one of the VacPan or VacuSweep (http://builtinvacuum.com/vacpan.html)additions on your central vac system? I saw it at a show and knew it would be something I'll need in the next house :)

Purple18
04-27-2011, 04:58 PM
That is so awesome - I wouldnt mind sweeping if I didn't have to use a dust pan! We have an old central vac system in our house (23 years old??) so not sure if it's possible, but may be worth looking into it! If it won't work in this house, this is going into my pile of things for "if we ever build our dream house, we'll need ...."