PDA

View Full Version : Do you save growth charts as souvenirs?

citymama
04-28-2011, 03:49 AM
I was about to order one of the Wallies growth chart decals (where you can remove and replace the decals) when it occurred to me that part of the point of a growth chart is that it can be saved as a souvenir, especially with siblings. Is this something you are doing? DD1 is 5 and believe it or not, we've never had a real growth chart for her. :bag: I'd love to have one in the kids room with both their growth tracked. Should I get the prettier one that looks like a mural, but can't be saved as a souvenir (the decals are all separate pieces) or some other kind of growth chart (eeBoo or other) that can be archived?

Such weighty questions for you to think over today...;)

hbridge
04-28-2011, 06:44 AM
We have the paper kind, but the wall works so much better!

LMPC
04-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I grew up with marks on the door jam and was going to do that for DD but DH wonders what will happen if we move. So we have a paper one that's portable.

tiapam
04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
I was about to order one of the Wallies growth chart decals (where you can remove and replace the decals) when it occurred to me that part of the point of a growth chart is that it can be saved as a souvenir, especially with siblings. Is this something you are doing? DD1 is 5 and believe it or not, we've never had a real growth chart for her. :bag: I'd love to have one in the kids room with both their growth tracked. Should I get the prettier one that looks like a mural, but can't be saved as a souvenir (the decals are all separate pieces) or some other kind of growth chart (eeBoo or other) that can be archived?

Such weighty questions for you to think over today...;)

Why not do both? The Wallies for fun and so the kids can compare when playing with friends and something more permanent (and in a safe place, where nobody will wreck it) you could take with if you move. You could also record in a baby book or record book of some sort.

Don't feel bad, we don't have any sort of record of DC's height except for medical records. I don't even plan on marking height on the Wallies one. I may start marking in the basement, somewhere we probably would not paint over or otherwise remodel.